Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 10-29-2012, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

well the report of my weekend is unsuccessful as far as points, but really encouraging. Bucks are just starting to seek over by us. Saw a few good shooter bucks, but most all of them payed little attention to grunts or rattling. I had a good 10 pt come in to 5 yds on saturday night. was a 3.5 yr old i guessed riiight around 140" with about an inch of his left G3 busted off at the top. I was back and forth on shooting him, but passed because I know there are several booners around that call our property home. Took a couple pictures of him as he was coming through that i'll post..I know pics don't score us points but it's a good start to the upcoming rutting events! looking to get back over to the property this weekend
Old 10-29-2012, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Well it ended up being a pretty good weekend. I got back late last night. I took 2 Does and found the skeletal remains of a 13 point buck that we think died of blue tongue (he was 15yrds from water).

Now that the freezer is full I can really start looking for a good buck.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

image by bbalmac42, on Flickr" />

image2 by bbalmac42, on Flickr" />

hope this shows up. let me know if it doesnt work and what you guys think. Was i nuts to pass??

Last edited by TeamWiscoUNIT61; 10-29-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TeamWiscoUNIT61
what you guys think. Was i nuts to pass??
I really can't say as I have no idea what caliber of bucks you have there, but if you were around here and you passed on that buck I'd tell you that you're out of your freakin' mind!

I'm impressed that you passed on that guy though. You must have some decent targets that you're after.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by henson59
Well it ended up being a pretty good weekend. I got back late last night. I took 2 Does and found the skeletal remains of a 13 point buck that we think died of blue tongue (he was 15yrds from water).

Now that the freezer is full I can really start looking for a good buck.

Congratulations on a great weekend! After last year I told myself that I would never double again. It's too much work all at once.

Since I'm leaving for Ohio this Friday for a nine day hunt I told my wife that I would stay home this past weekend. Wouldn't you know a cold front would blow through, the temps would drop and the deer would finally start moving. Two guys from our club took good bucks. My wife told me that I could go if I wanted to but I stuck it out. I sure wanted to be out there, but I didn't let her know that.

Last edited by LittleChief; 10-30-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LittleChief
Congratulations on a great weekend! After last year I told myself that I would never double again. It's too much work all at once.

Since I'm leaving for Ohio this Friday for a nine day hunt I told my wife that I would stay home this past weekend. Wouldn't you know a cold front would blow through, the temps would drop and the deer would finally start moving. Two guys from our club took good bucks. My wife told me that I could go if I wanted to but I stuck it out. I sure wanted to be out there, but I didn't let her know that.
Yeah it wasn't to bad I shot one on Saturday morning and the other on Sunday morning. The hardest part was the tracking job on the second doe. My arrow hit a branch and caused it to go in low and back on her. We gave her 3 hours and We had great blood but she still went half mile before we found her lying on the ground and I had to finish her off. That is the worst part of bow hunting. That unexpected bad shot can really stick with ya sometimes.

My wife spends all year going out to this horse rescue helping out once or twice a week. It is her get away time and stress reliever. She knows the end of october and first 3 weeks of November are when I have mine. I still try to stick around when I can and sometimes I skip a good day to hunt and stay with her. It gives me brownie points!!!!!

I leave for Indiana on friday. I will be hunting until Tuesday. It is buck time! Things should be in full swing so it should be an exciting week for us.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by henson59
I leave for Indiana on friday. I will be hunting until Tuesday. It is buck time! Things should be in full swing so it should be an exciting week for us.
So you're leaving for Indiana the same day I'm leaving for Ohio. You're right... it should be an exciting week for us. Good luck in Indiana!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Wisconsin
I believe if your alright with passing and won't be regretful, it's okay. I passed a 170 @ 12 yards on my second sit. I'm pissed but the droptine buck was 15 yards behind him. I would never let him walk if he was by himself. Well the rut should kick in around here in few weeks. Good luck and be safe. God Bless
Rocky
Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by youngfart
Wisconsin
I believe if your alright with passing and won't be regretful, it's okay. I passed a 170 @ 12 yards on my second sit. I'm pissed but the droptine buck was 15 yards behind him. I would never let him walk if he was by himself. Well the rut should kick in around here in few weeks. Good luck and be safe. God Bless
Rocky
I think you guys are nuts.

Okay, not really since you have target bucks that are a lot better than what you're passing on, but for someone whose biggest buck ever is 120" it's hard to imagine passing on a 140 or a 170.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Unhappy

Little Cheif
What would you do if the cicumstance was you in my place and a 5x6 170 inch was @ 12 yards and your at full draw and you look to your left and there stands a buck that makes the 170 look small with 2 huge droptines ? If it happened again, I would stop again. If you seen that buck which I have on 2 more occasions and once more in the same circumstance, but the 170 was at a jog as was the droptine buck. I'm praying that the 3 of the 4 quarters that I hunt on are bow hunting only and I'm the only hunter,the other quarter has 5 hunters that all shotgun hunt. They shot a buck I named Star 2 years ago that was a non typical that would score 170 easy but was nasty to look at. I was hoping he made it one more year.
Rocky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.