Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Well I am leaving friday morning for a nice 3 day camping/hunting trip down on the farm in S. IL and let me tell you Friday can't get here fast enough. It's terrible how work just drags by when you have an extended weekend!

Weather report says 60% chance of rain friday but saturday and sunday are looking awesome! highs in the mid 50's and lows in the mid-upper 30's. No rain!
I used to spend my summers down on the farm with my grandparents when I was a kid. They have since passed away and now my cousin owns the property. It's really where I discovered my love of hunting and the outdoors. It will be good to relax and just relive some of those memories I had as a kid quail hunting along the fence rows with my dad and just running around in the woods with my old savage over under squirrel and rabbit hunting.

The action should be starting to pick up so good luck to everybody and lets make sure we get out and hunt when we can so we can get some brown on the ground! Enjoy your time in the woods guys I know this weekend I will!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys its been slow here.... but looking for it to heat up soon.... had this nice buck close on oct 6th.... going duck hunting sat but hitting the woods hard starting next wen.... good luck everybody
Attached Thumbnails Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in-pict0027.jpg  
Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Banned

well he showed up 2 hours earlier this time. so i hope it keeps getting earlier and earlier.. also had a giant basic 8 with 2 kickers show up at another farm but the pics are saved to my buddies comp and i havent uploaded them to photo bucket yet but stay tuned for him.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Snapper
That's a good 160 buck , good luck with him.
Rocky
Old 10-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Banned

yeah he a good deer wish he could make it one more year though look at his body 4.5 yr old. but i know the neighbors will whack him if they get the chance so i plan to kill him if given the chance. as soon as i can post the other buck i will he is a big guy too.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Banned

well i set up a blind yday for the big guy and thats when i checked the cam and posted the pic of him yeaterday. so i come in here this evening and switch out cam cards and climb in the blind. slip the card in and just last night there was 4 bucks through here all with in 20 yds of my blind. and yes the big guy came through. we have a cold front so hopefully he will slip through this evening during light. stay tuned team.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Banned

well he didnt show up but here is pics of him from last night. notice to the right in the brush in the background is my blind

Old 10-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Well I put a small doe on the ground this morning. Its been such a slow season for me and the fact that I am out of deer meat helped me make the decision to shoot her or else i would have kept holding out for a shooter buck first. It looks like blue tongue has really put a hurting on the deer down in this area so when i come back for shotgun season it might be pretty damn tough.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Henson
Congrats on the doe, A Doe is a Doe plus we need the points, great job. I was out this am and had 5 does come in from the bedding area when they should have been out in the feilds coming to me to the bedding area. Got busted and then as I turn to hang my bow a Red Fox scoots bye. Went out tonight to give my Heater Body Suit a try. The wind was high and it was only -5 but felt like -20, only had my rubber boots on and summmer clothing. Toasty as could be,can't wait till it's -30 out to use . I might just choose to use it anyways, just something else to carry in. Keeps my antlers quiet at least. Keep it up guys the good time is only weeks away.
Rocky
Old 10-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Banned

congrats henson.. i will be out again this evening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.