Community

Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by henson59
how is everybody doing out there? has anybody seen anything good?
just back from illinois. we saw lots of deer and several shooters. with one being in the mid 180s to 90s had 13-15 inch g2s and 11+ g3's a true awesome buck. but no kills.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by snapper1982
just back from illinois. we saw lots of deer and several shooters. with one being in the mid 180s to 90s had 13-15 inch g2s and 11+ g3's a true awesome buck. but no kills.

Just to see a buck like that would be awesome! I can't even imagine what it's like to see a 180-190 inch deer while you are in the woods. I am shaking just thinking about it! LOL!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Banned

henson we didnt see that one from the stand lol. we saw him while driving around the first evening. we wanted badly to set up on him but he was half mile from our ground and we couldnt secure permission to hunt him. we would have probably killed him. the owners brother drove by there 2more evening and he was out. it sucked but nothing we could do our hand was delt and we didnt come out with the cards we needed.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Banned

got home yesterday morning from illinois and went to check trail cams. have one missing and several that are missing whole days(meaning i got pic on 10-03 and then on 10-05 but not 10-04) and these ca,s are set up in places i get pics every day. there are 5 other people hunting this farm (yes the deer movement has slowed but still getting 400 pics every 24 hours) and i have pics of people on several cams. i called a buddy told him about the missing cam. he asked his buddy (who hunts there). called me back and told me his buddies son hunted the back ladder stand and saw the cam i have 25 yds away from it(you have to walk in front of it to get to the stand) but there was only 21 pics for a 5 day sit on it and none of the kid. i am convinced someone is checking my cams and deleting select pics. the missing cam was 30 yds from a treestand on the neighboring property and i could see a cam set up now 10 yds infront of the stand. with binocs i saw it was the same cam style that is missing so i went to look at it (it is not mine but exact same name and style) i am convinced who ever hunts that stand took the cam because my cam 50yds away next to my stand is still there and so is the cam 150 yds in the other direction. all 3 are set along the same fence line.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Snapper that sucks about your cameras. People are just stupid sometimes and I don't know why some people do the things they do.

I got out this morning and the only thing I saw was 3 coyotes. Its was 34 degrees and I of course forgot my face mask and my face was pretty damn cold by the end of my hunt with that wind blowing directly at me.

I will be out again sunday morning. I am hoping to at least get a doe down.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

Heading out Tonight
Snapper to bad about the TC, it hurt's I know,Henson ,good luck in the AM hunt, I'll be going out again Monday either morning or night, depends on the wind.Be safe & God Bless. Three succesive sits and not a dang animal to see. I hate the doldrums of early October!
Rocky
Old 10-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Banned

thanks guys i am pretty sure i know who did it. the guy who has the stand 30 yards away. he hunts the same farm i do and would have accessed that stand via the feild. which would have put him walking past my cam. it is odd that mine is gone but his stand and the cam (that can be seen from the feild) is still there. i was told that the guy does some iffy things so. plus my buddy hunted there wed night and ran into the guy and he said he was gonna hunt that stand on thursday. lots of clues that point to him.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Banned

good luck fellas and be safe. wear those fall restraints
Old 10-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Season finally opened yesterday!! Hunted an oak flat with falling acorns and thick with laurels, very few openings amongst the laurels. Also, it's surrounded by pine ticket so you hear no walking. Ten minutes after setup, a doe appeared to my left 15 yds from my tree, but no shot. She circled to my right and I had a good 20yrd quartering away shot, released and wait. Also, saw glimpses of 6 other deer going through the laurels, but no shots. Finally, got down and found my arrow... CLEAN MISS! Wow, rookie mistake...I realized I didn't lean into the shot causing me to shoot over her. Oh well, still not bad to have a shot in the first 10 minutes of the season! Since Virginia still has a blue law of no Sunday hunting, I'll be out tomorrow morning.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Well I had two small bucks walk by this morning. one of the bucks had a little 4 point rack and a pretty large body. If it was late season and I needed the meat he would have bit the dust. But it is early season and I still have lots of chances.

A lot of the guys I hunt with havn't seen much movement at all. It was 35 degrees this morning and it didn't seem like they were moving at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.