Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Its really surprising how quickly controlled burns promote new growth. I wouldn't doubt at all that it's pretty plush grow by now. Personally, and maybe I'm a bit biased, but I just very much prefer private to public...I mean maybe that's obvious but, it eliminates the possibility of another hunter ruining your hunt. Just my .02 there.

On a different note, our season opens up Saturday as well.. I'll be heading up to the farm tomorrow and then it's game on. I really have a good feeling about at least having an encounter with a good early season buck still in summer patterns. Calling for mid 40's in the morning and evenings and high around 70 with minimal wind. I'll keep all you guys posted on how it goes!!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Dang
I haven't even got out yet and my season opened on the 5th! Terrible for me,I'm just overloaded with chores around the house. Elk gunt is off for this weekend as is mulies and Moose. I think I'll get a morning sit in though for a Nanny and points. Little Chief as Tex said a spring burn is sometimes very rewarding aas the deer will start right of browsing and as the summer goes and the froth comes out . They'll favor it over clover. I'd go with you gut feeling and give it a shot. Tex good luck on your weekend hunt.
Rocky
Old 09-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

My spelling is terible I guess I shoud have looked before I posted,LMAO.
Rocky
Old 09-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Just thought I would give you guys an update on my plans for this season. Our season opens on Monday the 1st of October.

I have opening day off of work to hunt then I am a weekend warrior for the first 3 weeks of Oct.

Oct 26th-28th I have a Bow hunt in S. IL
Nov 3rd-6th I will be bow hunting in southern Indiana

Gun season for me 11/16-11/25 in IL&IN

I hope to have my freezer full and my bucks down by the end of November. I can kill 3 bucks this year. 1 in Indiana and 2 in IL. Illinois issues either sex tags so if I needed to I could use a buck tag on a doe later in the season if need be.

I have 7 tags total counting my firearm tags. My wife and I need 3 deer to make it until next years season. My inlaws need a deer then the rest will go to other family or the feed the hungery program in IL.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Heading Out In The Am 1st Hunt
Got the perfect wind in the morning ,hopefully I can arrow a doe for the team .
Rocky
Old 09-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Well Here It Is

Look how wide this Buck is

http://

Missed him this morning @18yards through a 3 inch hole in the bushes,when I saw him coming up behind a 170 5x5 that I passed due to him coming . I cut of 2 braches that I could not see in the 3 inch hole and deflected behind him.
He's a main frame 4x4 with 2 kickers on both sides
Rocky
Looks bigger than he does with velvet. When he walked away he looked as wide as an Elk walking away. Aesome morning on stand.

The Iceman By Diamond
Peep,Octane NXS Sight,Octane 5 Arrow Quiver, Octane Hostage Rest,
340 grn Axis St Arrows,100gn Montec Broadheads ,Tekan 100gn Broadheads,100gn Ramcats broadhead Octane 7'' Stabilizer

Psalm: 11-12: I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote
Today, 07:15 PM #2 J.K.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Spike

Checking in. I have no desire to be the team caption, but I have done the contest for the last 4 or 5 years. I was even on the winning team one year. As my work schedule allows I will post some trail cam pics of this year.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:47 AM
Typical Buck

Talking

Barbara
Welcome aboard
Rocky
Old 09-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Banned

welcome and your pics didnt show up barbara..

sorry to hear about the miss buddy and hope you get another crack at him.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Well I just got back into town. Rocky that's a pretty exciting stat to the season! Movement was pretty slow by us, had a few does in range,but not too much excitement. Was at the local bar last night and our neighbor kiddie corner to us came in about 10pm to register a buck she shot. She downed a 170" (ish) 12 pt. The funny thing? It's the buck I was drawn on last year that I wrote about!! What a buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.