Community

Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Well Unless one of the people who havn't checked in have their heart set on it I submit my name for team captain. Also we have a majority so our team name is "chasin' Tail". Do we want to come up with some kind of Avatar for our team?
Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Changed the thread heading for us. Henson, thanks for volunteering for team captain and steerheading the operation here. I think an avatar would be kind of cool. I'll tinker with some ideas and see what we can come up with?
Old 09-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

yeah no problem. I know we all are super busy this time of year and I have no problem stepping up for the team. Go ahead and put together an avatar if you have time. that would be great!

I think we should do well in this contest. Just about every team member is from a quality deer state so we should do great!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I will add that i passed on this 10 point last year, and out of that same stand I was drawn on a 160 class 12 point that just happened to avoid me getting the shot off on him. I am looking forward to more encounters with the addition of food plots and water holes. Hoping to add to the team effort!

Last edited by TeamWiscoUNIT61; 09-04-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

thats a great picture. I would have had a tough time letting him walk by unless I knew I had bigger deer roaming the area!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds great but I would change the title to Team 10 Chasin' tail Check-in. It will make it easier to find.

-john
Old 09-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by youngfart
Hey Team Mates
Was out for a last time get to gether with my kids and grandkids fishing the weekend here. Caught zero but was awesome getting together with family & freinds. My season starts on the 5th,will I be on stand then!! I doubt it . Will be ready for sure by next week. 47 stands are in place checked and cleared, just need some of the big boys to start showing up on my trail cameras to get the ole blood flowing. I hunt the Edmonton Bow Zone here in Alberta. We won this 2 years ago and came 4th last year. I' must say I would'nt be able to help out running the team as I'm to comitted to my being on stand and helping out less fortunate people to get into bowhunting. Any name is good for me also. I'll check iin daily ,good luck to everyone and please ,where a safety belt while on stand.
Rocky
Good Lord! It's been a long time since you and I have exchanged posts on here. I suppose that's because it's been a long time since I've been on here. How've you been, Rocky?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by henson59
Well Unless one of the people who havn't checked in have their heart set on it I submit my name for team captain.
If you want the job it's all yours. I'm an old Navy Chief and I'm just not officer material.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Well LittleChief since you are retired I wouldn't want to burden you with anything other then putting a big buck on the ground and filling your freezer. I will captain this ship and hopefully lead us to a victory.

Also, Youngfart you have 47 stands to hunt? Do you work for an outfitter or something? my goodness thats alot of stands if your not. lol!!!

Oct. 1st is opening day here in IL and I can't wait! I finished hanging a few stands labor day weekend and I am good to go here in IL. My spot in Indiana is a different story. I was supposed to take the 4hour trip this weekend but with all the rain they predicted I decided to stay home. Well sure enough they only got a few inches down on the farm and I missed a good weekend to hang my Indiana stands. I should have them done later this month. I should also have a better idea of what deer are around as well when I pull memory cards. Rumor has it Blue Tongue is killing alot of deer in southern Indiana and southern IL this year.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Well out season starts in 23 days. I am headed down to the lease on Friday for my last trip before the season starts. I currently have 5 cameras out so hopefully we will have some decent pictures to look at.

-john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.