Community

Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 09-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Went to the lease this weekend to check on stuff and pull memory cards. Not much to look at. Looks like the guys on the east side of the lease are in better shape this year. They have a big 10, big 9, and a big 8 showing up all the time.

Here is the best that I have. The 9 only showed up on one day at 2 different setups. I am all about shooting mature deer but I wish they had a little better head gear.

-john

9 at my buddy's stand.

9 At one of my stands the same morning.

Just an 8.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Ok team we need to discuss a possible rule change for this years contest.

Under the current system only bucks are allowed. The new change would allow each hunter to enter one doe for a set point value.

I believe this would be a great addition to the contest. Please let me know what you all think because all of the captains are going to be put to a vote soon.

thanks!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

I vote yes to a Doe harvest for points
Old 09-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Yes for doe harvest

Found out today I was drawn for a 4 week permit to hunt a Natl Wildlife refuge! It's been a few years since the last time I was picked. This particular parcel is between a golf course and an upscale subdivision. Oh...and it's loaded with deer and a few bruisers! Only opens for 2 two week seasons (I was picked for both seasons), rest of the year it's closed to everyone.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

ufunnyto
What are the dates it's open for? Good luck and also how many tags are alotted for each draw on how many acres too. Just curious on your odds!
Rocky
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Mark that is awesome! That is great news for you. I have also just found out that my family and I have the opportunity to purchase another 125 acres in southern Indiana. My in laws neighbor wants to move and sell his property so that will give me roughly 200 acres to hunt. I am pretty excited!

I hope to get the deal done before November and the rut.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Some nice looking bucks you have coming in there. I like the points for a doe rule too. Well guys I came real close to putting us on the board this evening. Was watching a half dozen small bucks in the beans and saw they kept looking on down the treeline beside me. Well a couple minutes later sure enough out comes a big 9 point that I would estimate scores somewhere in the mid to high 160's along with some small bucks with him. They passed 71 yards out from me making a beeline for the tree I was in friday evening. I watched them feed around the corner and figured they were gone for the night when 5 minutes later I see legs down by the corner. Sure enough here comes the buck with all the little ones following him. They make their way down the treeline to me and he stops and feeds behind a screen of saplings at 24 yards from my tree. I range a window where I figured him to walk back through when he would head back out into the field and waited for the shot. Well one of the little bucks blew at something down the treeline from me and bounded away which caused the buck to turn and take a few steps into the field. Well in the excitement it didnt process in my mind that he stepped into a 25 yards window instead of the 33 yard window I was expecting. As soon as I let the arrow go I realized my mistake as I watched the arrow sail an inch over his back. They didnt get too spooked but went back around the corner, and joined another group of bucks when I snuck around to look, 4 of them being in the 100-140" range. I have 3 more days down here before I have to head home so hopefully I can seal the deal before then. Wish me luck guys, hopefully I can get a second chance at him.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

I am good with doe points...

-john

Old 09-11-2012, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

Question

TX Hoghunter
How do you like the Spypoint Camera,I have 3 ,2 Tiny ones and the best one. I love mine.The video is unreal. I forgot the model,LMAO
Rocky
Old 09-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Banned

i say yes.. lets get the does in to this also. this is a bowhunting contest not a buck killing contest right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.