Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 11-16-2012, 05:39 AM
Banned

well guys i got in the blind this morning. great morning. about 820 had 2 big does and a yearling come past at 46 yds then the small 8 point that was hanging around the big guy last night came past at 46 yds but then nothing followed so i am sitting here and at 856 there he is walking what i believe is the same 46 yds and he is walking fast. so i got to make quick decissions. stop him and shoot for 46 of try and range him which i only got a very tight shooting lane. i chose to shoot for 46. i stopped him and let er go. i cud swear i heard the thump and the srrow hit corn stalks behind the beast but he didnt mule kick he spun hard and bolted tail down 80 yds to the woods. he stopped and looked back and slowly walked in. so at 856 am i did one of 3 things.
i missed
i wounded
i killed a great beast

stay tuned for the out come
Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Banned

well he isnt dead and not wounded yep i missed. he was 37 yards according to his hoof marks. ugh i am so discouraged with myself. it appears the thump/smack i heard was the arrow striking a corn stalk. good news is that i know where he is and there is a bunch of does in there so good chance i will get another shot
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Hang in there. it happens to all of us at some point.

-john
Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Banned

problem is i think it is gonna happen again to me lol. no really it happens i aint to bent over it. on a good note sat the blind this evening and he came out with the does so as long as they are there he is staying. i will be in the show room again in the am.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Last night at the farm. Shot a doe last night and another tonight, will look for it in the am. Heard her fall. Not seeing any large bucks. Seeing some shooters in the fields after dark, they've diffenitly gone nocturnal.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Spike

Hey guys just checkin in, Nothing so far with bow. Our fire arm season is goin on now so It will be a few weeks before I get back out. Hopefully I can get a december buck! Good luck all!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:39 AM
Banned

oh what i wouldnt do to be 17 again and able to carru a slug gun to the blind this afternoon and kill the beast.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Well I managed to get my euro finished this morning. Here he is. It is a new design for me that I saw on another forum...

-john

Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Tex
Looks great ,how many hours did it take to get it done?
Rocky
Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks. Not really a lot of man hours in the way I do it. I skin the head and take out the eye...so 30 - 45 minutes. I out the head in a bucket with some rid-X. For folks not in the country and on a septic system it is stuff you put down your toilet to help your septic system works better. I also raise tropicl fish so I keep the head in my fish house which I keep at 85 degrees. If you kept it cooler it would take longer. Once it has rotted pretty well you can flush it with clean water and most of the meat/brains will come off/out. So 20 minutes flushing it. Next you put is in a bucket of clean water with dawn dish washing soap. I use an aquarium air stone and heater to keep the water moving and warm so 10 minutes for setup. After a couple of days you take it out and let it dry so 5 minutes. Next you go to a beauty supply housr and get some 40% peroxide cream and a packet of whitening powder. Cost about $8.00. Cover the skull with it in a warm spot and about 3 hours later rinse it and you are done. So vert little cost or man hours in my method. I also made the plauge it is on but I did it while I was watching my Aggies beat Alabama so not sure on the time.

Here is my buck from last year. I did a different display on him.

-john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.