Community

Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by youngfart
Congrats Tex. Must be nice to be wearig shorts. Come on up here LMAO. Bucks are still jostling wich I find hard to belive, sat al day yesterday and saw a spike and one doe, Brutal for a 11 hour sit. There not chasing yet,could be a late rut. Happens every once in a while.
Rocky

Ohh and I would love to come up there and hunt...LOL. It has been a really wet and warm "fall" down here. It looked like spring and really made the hunting difficult.

I do wear shorts while most people are wearing coats but that morning it was about 55 degrees Fahrenheit.

-john
Old 11-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Tex & Team
We are now in second place, let's give er for the next few weeks, the rut should be close in most places. I'll start my all day sits starting Saturday till the next Sunday,8 day's straight, yahoo!
Rocky
Old 11-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tx_hoghunter
ok guys i am back from the lease. It was a pretty good weekend. The buck looks a little better than he scores i think. I put some quick numbers on him but the neasuring tape was a little thick and hard to work with.. I will get final numbers tomorrow but he will come in somewhere in the mid 130's. I will take a doe next trip. My season here does not end until the 3rd week of january.

-john

dude thats a monster in texas..way more than 130 it looks to be.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
dude thats a monster in texas..way more than 130 it looks to be.

I hear you but that is what he scores...Biggest deal is that I have a tape measure that works. Over the years some of the people in the contest tend to ...lets say mismeasure by as mush as 15+ inches......LOL.

-john
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Well I just got back from my Indiana trip. Things are really starting to heat up down there. On my first sit friday night I had 2 does come in at 20 yards and they looked to be hott so I let them walk thinking a buck might be following but no such luck. I really didn't have much action the entire trip besides turkeys because the deer were nocturnal so the most action was in the morning and I must have just had bad stand placement or something.
But as you see on TV the last days hunt on the last evening right at dark I sealed the deal with an old indiana 9 point . He isn't to big but I am proud as hell of him because even though I have killed lots of does he is my first bow buck. I was sitting on top of a ridge over looking an acorn flat and right before dark he came out about 100 yards away. It was almost dark so I grunted and it wasn't until I snort weezed did he take me seriously. After that he went back the way he came in and circled around the side of the ridge and he popped out about 35 yards away. But it was to dark for a shot that far so I grunted a couple more times and he kind of circled around again and this time he was 20 yards away. I was just able to see his body in my peep and I let the goldtip fly and the rage took care of him. He went 25 yards and was done. The entire encounter took 15-20 minutes but it felt like hours! I was really worried that it was not going to happen but everytime I would grunt he would change course and come my way finally giving me a shot. I couldn't really even see where the shot hit him but a few seconds later when I heard the thrashing on the ground I knew I had my first buck! I had to hold on to the tree for a second to calm myself!

I will get a picture up later. I am going to go unpack get him hung up and throw some tape on him to get a score.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Great deal Henson59. This team is starting to come together.

-john

Last edited by TX_Hoghunter; 11-06-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Banned

heson and tx awesome and gongrats

henson an extra congrats for your first bow buck.

guys that big 9 (big boy is what i named him) is really getting under my skin. i put up another cam and got a pic of him so i have a another piece of the puzzle. but it is still a puzzle being put together at night. however it appears he is coming from accross the road (same owner so i can hunt him and that is the side of the road i found his shed on) so it is time to make a new set and place a couple of cams.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned

Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Banned

Old 11-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Banned

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.