Community

Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 09-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Banned

it takes alot to make a hunt come together right. i made a guy pass a 180 inch 12 point because i didnt have good footage
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Well it is just something we would do for fun and if a 180 inch buck walked by we wouldn't care if we had good footage or not. just as long as we had the video of it on the ground! lol!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Banned

lol. yeah it is ok to do it that way if you aint getting footage for tv. in actuallity the buck was in the camera and i had him good but there were limbs and leaves so i told the hunter to let him take a couple more steps and be in the open. well he started making a scrape and the wind swirled. he got nervous and turned straight away from us. it happens. never seen that buck again. many cam pics but not the deer.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah you see that on TV sometimes as well. Thats pretty cool that you film for shows. Are you the camera man that the rumors say Tiffany Lackosky cheated on Lee with? LOL j/k!!!!!

Enjoy your time in S. IL. I used to spend summers on my grandparents farm down there. I will be down in Wayne county the last weekend in Oct on a 3 day bow hunt. The problem we are running in to down there is alot of land owners are leasing ground out to a lot of out of state hunters and the amish are buying up lots of land and turning it into cattle farms. So I don't know how long we will be able to keep our spot on our old family farm
Old 09-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Banned

yep that was me but then i woke up and realized i had been dreaming. lol

yeah lots of amish around whr we will be but glendal owns a bunch of the land and has pretty solid leases on the remaining pieces. we have had to run people off though. lots of flipping coyotes in that area too
Old 09-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

yeah all the locals down there like to road hunt and go on anybodys property. We don't have much trouble with yotes though.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

yeah the poaching is horrible but there is enough country to keep them from being able to kill all the big ones
Old 09-28-2012, 04:39 AM
Typical Buck

Been at work for a little over an hour...came in early so I could leave early. Not sure why I am so fired up. I have some ok bucks showing up but nothing to exciting. They are also calling for a 100% chance of rain tomorrow....Oh well I guess water has never hurt me before...I may just lose my mind before I get out of here today....

-john

Hey its cool that you film hunts. I always say that I am going to try some of that but it just never seems to work out.

-john
Old 09-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

TX
Have a great weekend hunting and enjoy the rain,it can be very comforting.Oh yeah and don't for get your safety belt.
Rocky
Had the right wind last night after 9 days not being able to get in where DDT is. Had a 1 1/2 doe walk in before I even got my bow hooked up. That was it ,checked my trail cam and they were all on it every day at 7:15 am. Hopefully I can get back in this weekend. The morning sits are a breeze because 90% of the time it's a north westery wind coming off the feild. Good luck tothose hunting this weekend.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

TX if this is your first sit of the year that probably explains it. Yes having a giant on the property helps get you excited and it can help push you to go to the stand even on days your tired or not feeling so well. but really most of us hunt for more then just a shot at a big buck. that is just the icing on the cake! Even if it is raining try to enjoy yourself and just remember you could be at work or shopping with your wife. I will take the tree every time! haha!

I am going crazy waiting on monday to get here. I just want to be away from it all in a tree pissed off at squirrels. I am going down to indiana to hang a couple sets this weekend and I will be back sunday night just in time to have a long sleepless night because the season is starting on monday!

Good luck to everybody who is lucky enough to hunt this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.