Team 12-Racks & Straps Check In

Old 10-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, been MIA because I have been focused on my brother. He has appointments in Nashville at Vanderbuilt Hospital. He's trying real hard, therapy is rough. Getting some feeling back in his lower left arm and beginning to move some of his fingers. Says he's going during the muzzleloader come hell or high water. God has been good ! I am teaching Hunter Safety all this week at night, working during the day. Alot going on. I have to put the students through the range Saturday morning, but Saturday afternoon is all mine. My lovely bride is "forcing" me to go to the tree ! Need a break, I am so looking forward getting back out there. Just seems not right my brother, Rusty, not being there. I'm sure he'll be burning my phone up, texting. I want to thank you all for your prayers, keep them coming!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Hope he continues to improve, you and your family have all my prayers.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Brandyn(Kid I hunt with) went out tonight for early muzzle loader said he saw a giant 12 with tons of mass. Does winded him though. Hopefully I can get out on the property after early muzzle loader and pile him up.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

After talking to a friend today I decided to go back through last years pictures to see what may show up this year. Here are some of the bucks I'll be watching out for.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Went out yesterday afternoon and sat over my small 1/2 acre food plot. Saw 5 deer but none came into the plot. Just way too many acorns this year. All the deer were in behind me eating them up for an hour or more. I did get one shot opportunity. Came to full draw on a deer and grunted to stop it. It looked right up at me and to my surprise he had 3" spikes. I never saw them and thought for sure it was a doe. The rest of the week the wind is gonna keep me out of that spot but early next week i hope to be back in there.
Good luck to everyone and keep your harness on. Coming home in one piece is the most important part.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

iayotehunter : I wish you luck. I am so looking forward to Saturday afternoon ! Weather here has been great at night, last couple days real windy, I think tomorrow is going to be as we'll, but Saturday, it's supposed to lay. After I'm done on the range, I plan on gettin in the tree by one or so and going to sit till dark. I haven't checked cams or nothing. Gonna be kinda like huntin the stand for the first time! Hope everybody is seeing deer, thank you all again for your prayers, I will try and post a pic of me and my brother. Thanks again, keep'em (prayers) coming !
Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Thank you I wish you the best of luck too. Saturday is predicted to be the best day for movement so far this year. I will be hunting my usual stand Saturday morning but afternoon I will be on the property where the giant 12 was (found out it was on the property I can hunt with out the kid). Hopefully I will have some good stories and video to show.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Spike

Have not been seeing much. cam has been getting alot of work on the scapes at night. Hoope to get out this weekend.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

finally done exams now and am off school for a week! so i will be in the stand every day this week til there is a deer on the ground !
Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Well put in 10 hours in the stand yesterday to see nothing. I'm thinking it's still the October lull but prerut should kick in hard this week. I'll be in the stand again next Saturday and Sunday one more exam for me tomorrow the the stress will be gone and can spend a few more hours in the stand. I have the 16th through 26th of November off of school u unfortunately it is after the predicted rut but during peak rut of last year. Both my cameras were dead with no pictures this week but they are fresh now and one is kinda over looking a scrape that I sat on the ground next to last year and had deer walking by at 3 yards. (That was a rush). Hoping to have some good pictures to share next weekend and hopefully a deer on the ground.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.