Community

Team 12-Racks & Straps Check In

Old 10-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

Wow... That sounds crazy. My prayers go out on behalf of your family.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

Well I didn't get out as much as I wanted to this weekend.. I got out again for a little bit tonight but had to call it short because I have to head back to the university. Everything is ready for next weekend though
Old 10-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Marty- How is your brother doing? Hoping everything is okay.

Master_Chief- Get that doe up on the score thread,

How was everyone's weekends? As I mentioned ealier I didn't get out as much as I wanted to but I did see deer every sit and turkey. Saurday morning I got out an hour later than I wanted to get in the stand but it didn't hurt me from what I saw. This years frst sit was already better than last years. I had 15 turkey around ten yards to start the morning then had a little fork come to about 30 yards then cut up the hill, about a half hour later I had a giant of a doe with a yearling come walking by at three yards. I got my bow up to hear another deer coming down the hill so I didn't draw to my disappointment it was a little 7 pointer. Good thing I did lift my bow up though because it made me realize the battery in my sight had died so I had no pins ( I use a hot dot that uses lights to create the pins.) The afternoon hunt was filled with the same amount of action started with turkey then a small six and the same seven. Had another buck behind the blind that we never saw we could here him rubbing though and hear his antlers hit the willows when he was walking through them. Sounded big unfortunately he never gave us a look and headed straight up the hill. I switched my zipper on the blind so I can leave the back side open a little to look out. Sunday morning I didn't get out because the fiance would not get out of bed and I had no ride home to hunt.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:24 AM
Spike

Prayers sent. Went this weekend saw some does out of range and passed one little buck.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Typical Buck

That's a crazy story, I hope you're brother is making a speedy recovery!!!

Congrats on the doe Master!!!!

Ill be returning from vacation today, so I should be back in the woods next weekend!!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Well after two weeks of nothing but squirrels I have decided not to hunt the property where moose and hulk stayed all summer. I will hunt a property about a mile away a few times this fall.. I also moved the trail cam to the same property as my other because it has a quicker trigger speed and this property seems to be a buck highway towards the end of October. I also changed my weekends of hunting to this weekend and the last weekend of October so I can catch the pre-rut/rut.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

Did the rest of the team get abducted by aliens?? How is everyone doing? Anyone been out lately? Our thread really slowed down.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys.... sorry I've been gone. I took my camper to the hunting lease. It's set up, but I won't get to hunt it for several weeks. Our season opens on Monday. I will be hunting with some buddies on a place that is "our opening weekend place." Then the next week, I will be hunting as a guest of a church member's club. I will finally make it to my club by Nov 2. I will post some pics from the camp soon. I'm headed up Friday to change the cameras.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you have a busy couple of weeks ahead of you..Good luck and safe hunting
Old 10-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

had our canadian thanksgiving this past weekend so i got to hunt 3 days, lots of action in the woods, didn't see any deer but the two people i hunt with saw 5 each. getting cold and calling for some snow this weekend hope that gets the deer moving. i will most like be in stand friday night and then all through the weekend depending on how much homework i have

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.