Team 12-Racks & Straps Check In

Old 10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Well my season hasn't started the greatest. I've postponed my Maine hunt for another week due to this terrible head cold. The last thing i want to do is be coughing and sneezing and alerting every deer to my presence. Been there, done that, don't like it! I'm now scheduled to drive up on Tues. the 9th and hunt for as many as 4 days. COLDS SUCK!!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

well yall 2 more weeks before i can bow hunt again when MA opens Im going to maine sunday with my buddies from the army with our hounds and try to get us some bears ill post pics when i get back!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your cold I hope it clears up for you. My allergies get really bad around harvest but on the good note they have come and gone before the season.

Goodluck bluetick.

Season opener today got me pumped even though I won't get out until Friday evening or Saturday but a cold front will be moving in Friday so hopefully the deer will be on their feet and moving.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck curtis, I seen 6 this evening were I jumped the big'n. Would have stuck one, if I carried my bow lmao To make it worse, I discovered the cam I set out died.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Thank you. That sounds like me everytime I'm out in the timber without my bow or walking the CRP for pheasants I always spook a bruiser but when I have my bow never see them. Sorry about your camera.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

iayotehunter : I gues I have screwed up! I was blessed to take a large doe late yesterday afternoon. All while blowin at my brother who was hunting a couple hundred yards from me. She was circling him, blowin, never saw me at 20 yards, drilled through both lungs. Awesome to break the ice. Now the screw up, while field dressing her, I cut the top of my thumb ! Spent 3 hours in the ER gettin sewed up. My wife said the biggest part of our marriage has been spent with me in the ER gettin sewed up or something.so now I have 9 stitches. Was not able to get any pics with the doe, because my wife said that we couldn't chance an infection from the deer, since I don't wear gloves doing the deed. So she demanded we go to the ER. My brother finished my project and carried the doe to the processor. So I guess I lost out on the doe points. I owe the whole team an apology, I'm sorry guys. I hope to be able to make it up. Being honest is the only way for this to work.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

It's okay. Safety comes first. Congrats on the doe
Old 10-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Thirteen days boys.... And I am in da woods!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck. Two more days of classes then I'm home to hunt with the fiancé
Old 10-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Spike

Been out a couple of times few bucks few does just nothing in bow range.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.