Community

Team 12-Racks & Straps Check In

Old 09-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats bluetick..I'd message fieldmouse and ask and explain your story..
Old 09-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Here are the three shooters from this check, yes the first one is moose i've posted pictures of him before.
Moose:

Romeo:

Bowser:
Old 09-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Spike

Way to go Bluetick, noting this weekend saw some deer nothing close. Be roof ing my house next weekend and than cutting some wood. I'll post when i get out hunting. Just wanted to let you know if i don't post in the next few weeks. go luck to everyone who is hunting.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Curtis, I love the bottom buck! When can you hunt?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah he moved to the top of the hitlist..Season starts Oct. 1st. I won't be able to hunt til the 6th though..Also my ground blind is only 50 yards from that site and the bucks in all the pictures walked by it at 10 yards or less so i'm hoping opening week will be good. I also got two ladderstands yesterday for the price of giving the guy the rest of the deer meat from my doe last year.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a good deal!

Link to my mid-day story(just seen a brute)
http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubb...=1#Post2955440
Old 09-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Great story, if I were you I'd go in as early as I could this afternoon 3ish or sooner be extremely quiet on my way in and sit around a trail near where they were laying. Best of luck to you. Hope to hear you get him on the ground this week
Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

still waiting to hunt. I'll be in Maine next week and will hunt Monday - Thursday or until I kill one. You only get to kill one deer so i'm looking for a nice fat doe for the freezer. Although I did see a nice 10 this summer in the field where I hunt. He would be about 130-135 or so. Other than him I will probably wait until my 2 weeks in Kansas Oct. 27th - Nov.10th to harvest a buck. I put all my eggs in that basket last year also and came up empty. I would just hate for my second deer to be a stud and he doesn't count for this contest.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

I understand you completely luckyshot. I am shooting a doe right away so I can get some of me wanting to kill out of my belt them I'm not shooting anything under 150 until the last 2 weeks of November unless it is perfect for filming. I have so many deer running around I don't want to shoot a smaller one early then shoot a giant later. I have three any sex tags this year and two doe tags. I'm hoping a giant shows up the first time out but I know it isn't likely. I'll be on sit the whole day of Oct. 6th though. Good luck to you next week and on your Kansas trip.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys, I went home this weekend and came back to college engaged. I know it seems to be a little early but we talked about it for the past 6 months and finally decided to pop the question. We are waiting to make it "official" (with a ring) until later on but technically I'm engaged.
I can't wait until next weekend because I will be sharing my lifetime with the new addition of my life in the ground blind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.