Team 12-Racks & Straps Check In

Old 09-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

I believe it's only going to be one doe..Fieldmouse still hasn't said the final answer
Old 09-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by iayotehunter
Well the kid I hunt withs little brother shot a little 8 pointer today on one of the new properties. It was opening day youth today so he got the job done. Brandyn said not to worry though because we will have chances at bigger deer there because it was the smaller one on camera. It was also a property where none of my current hitlisters are. 16 days untill opening day, 22 until I get to hunt, 29 until early muzzle loader and brandyn can hunt(most of the better properties I don't hunt without him hunting them because he was the first one to gain permission). It should be a great season
Congrats to him! Pics?

Checked cams. 0 on one, 299 on one and 71 on he other

here is the biggest buck from this week.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Great looking deer..I bet he has your heart pumping
Old 09-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Great looking deer..I bet he has your heart pumping
A little bit but I doubt Ill be after him on opening morning. Would like to see my buddy or dad get him though.

This one has had me tore up for two years now. Didn't get to bowhunt him last year and let a friend hunt him during rifle
but he never saw him.

Last edited by Master Chief; 09-15-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: pic didnt load
Old 09-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

That is also a great looking buck I hope you get one of those guys on the ground

Here is the deer Bryce got this morning..
Attached Thumbnails Team 12-Racks & Straps Check In-bryce-s-deer.jpg  
Old 09-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Here is the deer Bryce got this morning..
Good looking buck. I bet he's still excited!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah he is pumped, it was his first buck so he is ahead of me and brandyn we still have yet to shoot a buck but we also really picky about who we shoot.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah he is pumped, it was his first buck so he is ahead of me and brandyn we still have yet to shoot a buck but we also really picky about who we shoot.
Maybe you'll get one of them 200" Iowa bucks as your first!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I would have last year if I would have stayed in stand My dad made me leave the woods because I was home sick from school.. I watched the property from the window of my house when I see the giant walking down the property line chasing off a small buck..I sprint and grab my bow and walk to the trail i think they were going to take. They took the opposite trail.. and walked 10 yards from my stand.. This year I'm sitting all day when ever I'm out so I don't miss an oppurtunity again.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

Nothing for me Sat. Saw a bunch but they were just out of range or they were still in spots. I'm off the next 3 days so I should be in the trees at least one of those day. Huge congrats to your buddy, that's a very nice first buck. I know we're all trophy hunting but sometimes you have to shoot the nice bucks before you'll have an opportunity to shoot the monsters (could take wasted years to get a chance). And when that time comes how are you gonna handle facing a monster when you've never been in that situation. We all would like to think it's all gonna go smooth, like shooting at a target, but the buck fever will happen, it's just the nature of the adrenaline we all search for. I know I've missed my share of monsters when I was just starting out, and with big boys like that, it's a one shot deal, you miss, and you'll probably never see him again. So I wouldn't place your bar to high, until you have a bunch of decent ones under your belt. I know I sound like an old guy but I've been bow hunting for 23 years now, and I still have my Jennings Unistar to prove it, lol. Either way just have fun and enjoy your time in the woods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.