Team 12-Racks & Straps Check In

Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Kreagerm!

Yes, its a massive hog and that back deer in the second pic is the one I want as well...last year we never saw him, only had pictures.... those two stayed together almost all season...

Last edited by Arjuna; 09-07-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

From all of us over at Team Pass Thru, congrats Kreagerm on the first harvest of the contest.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by On_Point
From all of us over at Team Pass Thru, congrats Kreagerm on the first harvest of the contest.
Thanks so much I appreciate it?!!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you have a good plan. Tough call on your major, it's hard knowing what you want to do at an early age, but one thing is for sure, make sure you major in something that you think you will enjoy and has the potential in making some money. PT isn't bad, you will be helping people and that is a nice feeling (my sister in law has a PHD in PT). But if it's the outdoors you really like maybe focus on more agriculture related majors. I for one am an RN in the OR and I love it, but when I was 18 I chose computer science, and about 5 years in the field I decided to move on and go back to school to be an RN and I'm so glad i did. Now I help people everyday and the pt's really appreciate the help I'm providing for them. Best of luck in what ever you pick, know you can always change your life course in the future if you need to (ok enough of my old man speech, lol)

Originally Posted by iayotehunter
Hey guys, thought I'd post some more about me and where I will be hunting. As I said I live in Nevada, Iowa. Currently living in Iowa City for college. I am majoring in Biology currently for pre-physical therapy. May be changing my major because my passion for the outdoors has became overwhelming. I own two dogs a black lab and a chesapeake. Both great waterfowl dogs. I have an amazing girlfriend that I plan on proposing to in a year, she is going hunting for her first time ever with me this year hopefully I get her addicted. I got her addicted to fishing. Obvious to me that she is a keeper. This will be my second year bowhunting wish I would have done it sooner, I have waterfowl hunted since before I could walk.

I hunt 4 properties regularly, this year I have a few more but with the time restraints of college I will only be focusing on four. I have great bucks at all the places. Last year I learned alot about bowhunting so hopefully this year works out better.
Two of my stands are within 300 yards of my house. This is where most of my hunting will be done and also where I see the bigger bucks and more deer. These two stands are on a funnel between two large timbers with oats on one side and beans on the other. I have a treestand up here and also a ground blind for when the wind isn't in my favor. Many deer scoring over 200 have been around this property and neighboring properties for years. Last year I missed out on one because he took the wrong trail(moved my stand after that day)..Last year I also counted around 20 deer that would score 150 or more in a 2 mile radius around this property.
Another property I hunt, My blind sits over an alfalfa field and a corn field this year. Two years ago we saw plenty of deer but never had much time to actually hunt with football and high school. This year I believe this property will have great potential.
Third property is a small creek bottom that has corn, beans and crp last year saw a great 10, and has had a history of big deer being spotted but none being shot so there should be some giants if I'm there at the right time.
The forth property is where moose and hulk are from. This property doesn't have much but it seems like the bucks like to hang out here through out the summer and october. Hopefully they stick around for awhile this year. The property is a small piece of land that contains a few trees surrounded by CRP and Corn around the CRP. Hopefully one of these places will give me a chance.
The other properties I haven't hunted yet and never scouted really. My best friend from high school put a stand up this week though and a trailcam so I should be hearing from him this weekend. Hope for some good news he said he saw a lot of good signs. Unfortunately his little brother will be hunting youth so he will be having first choice the previous two and this property. Then it will be me and brandyn's turn he early muzzleloads while I bow hunt. So I can start about a week before he can so maybe I'll get an oppurtunity first.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the advice Kreagerm. It's just my mind changes everday between PT and another major for a more wildlife related major
Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

Hey no problem, good luck!!

Here's a better pic of the buck when I first walked up on him. Notice how he had just lost his velvet by the pink antlers and at the base there is still velvet residue.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Kreagerm: Great buck. Congrats ! Thanks for posting and gettin us off to a great start ! Our season here in Tn doesn't open till the 22nd. Can't wait to get in that tree! Congrats again!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by invmp12
Kreagerm: Great buck. Congrats ! Thanks for posting and gettin us off to a great start ! Our season here in Tn doesn't open till the 22nd. Can't wait to get in that tree! Congrats again!
I didn't notice there was another TN hunter on this team. Good luck!
Old 09-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Typical Buck

Thats an awesome picture Kreagerm. I have never gotten a shot at one so fresh out of velvet. I helped a friend track one one time that still had the shredded velvet on it....boy it stunk!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Bluetickhunter, I'm in the southeastern part of the state about 10 minutes outside of Providence, R.I. Rural deer hunting around here and it can be difficult. That's why I get away to Maine and Kansas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.