Team 12-Racks & Straps Check In

Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've been after that 11 point pretty hard! Seeing tons of deer now that I moved deeper in the woods, 9 this morning. May go this evening but won't be able to bow hunt again till next weekend.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Saulthunter- I hope you get out this weekend. I know exactly how you feel out midterm exams are this week and next so I've been stressing.

Master chief- hopefully you can get him down looms like you are having plenty of movement though.

I'll be out Saturday and Sunday. It's supposed to thunderstorm all day Saturday so I'll be in the ground blind. Sunday I'll be over and alfalfa field where three studs have been hanging out. Hoping the storm will have the deer on their feet Sunday. I'm going to try some light rattling, guys here say the bucks are coming into it curiously so hopefully a can draw a deer into the field..
Old 10-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Checked the cameras today....

sausage

5 guys and a greenfield
Old 10-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like you have a great spot there..you going after that hog?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

Wanted to get out Saturday morning but my bus home arrived two hours late and I ended up getting home at 3 AM and it was thunderstorming. I woke up and and it was still storming so I decided to just sleep regret it because when I woke up at 8 it was sun shining and warm. Saturday night I got out saw nothing seemed like it was too warm. Went out this morning though it was raining. Got in the timber right on time taking the same trail I always do when I see eyes in my light ahead of my. I stopped looked for awhile it stood up and I noticed it was "Romeo". He turned around a walked away. Only deer I saw all morning. 30 mph wind gusts didn't help though. I think we are in the lull right now. Next outing will be the 27th hopefully have some rutting activity then.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

got out twice on saturday, my cousin saw a few does and i still had seen nothing. storming a bit sat night so i decided to not hunt sunday morning as it was raining pretty hard and i wanted to hit the books for a while. Sunday night I decided to take a study break and hit the woods. End up seeing 2 does at about 8 yards passed on them both. half an hour before the end nice buck walked out in the field about 200 yards away. walked directly out in front of me about 80 yds ate for a bit then hopped the fence into the cornfield to my left. didn't have my binos so i couldn't count points but judging by his rack and his body I'd say he was at least a 3.5 year old deer.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Your weekend was more eventful than mine that's for sure. Hopefully you can get one of those bucks down soon.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

Saw a doe yesterday evening. Nothing so far this morning, but I will stay up in the tree till 1030.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck Jack

Well guys it looks like I'll be in the stand after all, this weekend. The woman decided she wanted to pick me up and bring me home this weekend so I'll be in the woods Saturday. I don't know about Sunday because I don't know when I'll be leaving to come back to the university. After that it will be a 6 day wait to be in the timber again. Then depending on the rut activity is when I'll choose the next weekend I hunt. I have to choose between the first and second weekend of november then the third weekend I'm back for a week and i'll be hunting hard then

Here is a picture of my bow set up:

Last edited by iayotehunter; 10-16-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I'm back from Maine. I did not shoot a deer. Had shot opportunities on 4 different bucks but all were small. I had a giant doe come straight to me and get within 3 yards but all i had was a spine shot. I'm looking for a perfect shot op or nothing. I've made some poor choices before and I regret them. So unless i get a double lung op i will pass. Just me.
Oh well, had a great time, saw some deer, visited with family, it's all good. My mission was to shoot a doe for the freezer but that will have to wait a bit. Massachusetts season opened up Monday so i'll be hunting locally for the freezer meat until I'm Kansas bound on the 27th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.