Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread >

Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread

Community
View Poll Results: Should points be awarded for does?
No, leave the contest as is.
16.67%
Yes, 50 points per doe.
50.00%
Yes, 20 points per doe.
33.33%
Others (post in thread)
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

this weekend was rifle opener, found the 8pt above sunday morning dead in a field in the middle of our property. we didn't fire a shot saturday so wasn't anyone hunting on our land. his whole back end was eaten by yotes and couldn't find a bullet hole anywhere, so not sure what happened.

anyone out in the field?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Spike

Today is the last day of rifle season here in Missouri. I tagged out with a management buck and a mature doe.

They started chasing here about 4 days ago so I am going to try to get out tomorrow for the opener of the second half of bow season.

This has been my most productive season so far with 4 deer down and 2 more to go for my slam.

Art
Old 11-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Well, Missouri rifle season ended a few days ago and in my area it looks like the chasing has ended as well. I haven't seen any for a few days now. But, the rifle season was very well timed this year. I seen more movement this year than any other year that I can remember. Hopefully I can get back out with my bow and see what I can find.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I switched over to rifle on 11/10 and will hunt that way through 12/16. I'll start bowhunting again in late December and January and possibly February if I still have tags (season in Arkansas goes through the end of February). I still have one buck tag left and four doe tags.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck everyone out there with a bow or gun. I am planning on going out this weekend with a bow, hopefully they've calmed down since gun closed 11/25.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys I gave it one last shot this past weekend but no luck. Season's over for me, good luck to anyone still out there. The good news I have is finally got a picture of an old 9pt, who was missing from the cams all year long but is still alive. I have pictures of him in 2010 & 2011 and he's a dandy, fingers crossed that he makes it through winter and will be around next year.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm trying to get out to the leases next weekend (Jan 19-20). I was bow hunting the weekend before New Year's and was drawn down on the biggest buck I had seen on our leases in years. Unfortunately, he ran across the opening that I planned to shoot him in, so I didn't risk a shot. I know where he lives now. I saw some does right after that but they crossed the stream I was set up by further down than I felt comfortable shooting.

I have until the end of February to bowhunt, so we will see what happens.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Headed out of town to the lease for some late season bowhunting in about an hour. Hope I see the big one I saw a few weeks ago again. The season in Arkansas goes to the end of February, but this will probably be my last trip in January, so last chance for the contest.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I struck out this weekend, but I saw Mr. Big Stuff, as I'm calling him now, again. He stopped thirty five yards out behind some limbs, and just looked in my general direction. He stood there for a long time, and looked like he was going to step out in bow range when he decided to go around the other side. He walked calmly away, so he didn't spook, but he knew something wasn't quite right. I guess that is why they get so big.

I'm going back in a couple of weeks and hopefully he will still have his head gear and show up again in bow range. Unfortunately, it will be past the date for the contest.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Grizzly - awesome you had his so close! Sounds like you have his area figured out, best of luck chasing him down the next few weeks!

let us know how you do either way.