Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread >

Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread

Community
View Poll Results: Should points be awarded for does?
No, leave the contest as is.
16.67%
Yes, 50 points per doe.
50.00%
Yes, 20 points per doe.
33.33%
Others (post in thread)
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

Good job artyjoe!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Art! looks like our team has quite a few does down, now we just need the bucks to follow!

I'm hoping that i might be able to sneak out an am or two next week but no guarantees. This is a busy fall for me as my wife & I are closing on our first house next week and I'm heading to Montana for a rifle hunt at the end of this month. Kills me not being in the woods as much as I'd like but that's life I guess.

Good luck to everyone going out soon! Anyone have trailcam pics to share??
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing I have on trail cam lately is some guy having trouble finding his stand in the dark.he looks a lot like me.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

ha! I've had a few of those myself.

These aren't recent but a few pics from September. Not sure if I've posted any of them before or not. My dad got one of the 10pts we were getting a lot of pictures of this summer/early fall. Haven't done a measurement yet but was 17.5" wide, 2 g3's were over 9 inches. Had a bunch of pics of him the week before he shot him, even the night before if i recall correctly.

This is the buck my dad shot:

Old 10-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Delayed again for my first bow hunt of the year. I bumped it back a week, but I'll be lucky if I can get out. Work is killing me.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a 130s ten point within 10 yards last night. Drew back and my peep was turned sideways. Thought, being so close I'd still drill him. Missed low. Ugh. Blew a golden opportunity.

Still early....
Old 10-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Same here Grizzly - I'm closing on first house Friday so between that and work there aren't enough hours in the day much less days in the week. Still hoping to get out pre-rut in the am sometime soon.

Damn Rack at least you had a chance, hopefully you'll see him or another again. Lots of time left. Is your peep one woven into the string or connected with the rubber tubing?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finally heading out in a little over an hour for the lease. I'm tempted to shut down my computer until then to keep from having any last minute surprises. I had to pack a couple of orange vests and hats because the last two days of my hunt bleed over into muzzleloader season in Arkansas (starts 10/20). I really hate archery hunting with orange on.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got out for a couple of hours this afternoon. Saw absolutely nothing. after climbing down I finally heard one moving through the woods while packing up the climber. As I drove out of the driveway of the property a small 8 poienter crossed in front of my truck and hung out in the front yard of the house next door. Passed another as I turned onto the road. Seems they are moving late. Oh well.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Woven in string.

Kicked him up the next day on way to stand. Beautiful Buck and I wouldn't be surprised if He was 4 years old. Biggest bodied Buck I've ever seen.

Last edited by RackLuster; 10-19-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.