Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread >

Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread

Community
View Poll Results: Should points be awarded for does?
No, leave the contest as is.
16.67%
Yes, 50 points per doe.
50.00%
Yes, 20 points per doe.
33.33%
Others (post in thread)
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Was out sat & Sunday nights, no bucks sighted. Brother saw a nice 9pt I have on camera but out of range. Looks like the bucks already stopped showing up on camera during shooting light, we're all moving between midnight and 4am the last couple weeks.

Good luck on that buck ryndisher I hope you get a shot at him! congrats Rack and RIStrut! rack do you have a picture with you, your bow and the full deer. If so they're worth 25 points this year so please post it to the team thread and we'll gladly take those points!

I'll be out this weekend. Was hoping to sneak out after work this week but looks like I'll have too much going on at this point
Old 09-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was looking to get out before the club meeting today but my truck wasn't cooperating. Its been starting hard last few days, battery on last legs. All I could imagine was being parked in the woods and not being able to get it started. I ended up wasting time getting a battery instead of hunting. Rain tomorrow afternoon thru Wed morning. I have a dentist appointment Wed morning, and I can honestly say I will be sick the rest of the day. May as well be sick in a deer stand, right?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted the club property tonight. Had 2 nice does walk to within 10 yards just before dark. They were skittish and picked me off when I drew. They bolted and moved out of range. I don't even think their flags went up, they weren't spooked that badly but still no shot. Oh well.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll get a picture of the Doe up in the next couple days. The picture is terrible but does have the whole deer, bow, and me.

Nice 9 point hanging out pretty regularly at my MN land. Hopefully I'll cross paths with him this weekend.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like you're having a lot of action RIstrut, good luck on putting #2 down soon! Hope you get a chance at the 9pt this weekend Rack.

I'll be out this weekend, hoping to sneak away from work in time to hunt this pm otherwise should be in the woods saturday and sunday. Weather is about 20 degrees colder than last weekend so hopefully they'll be up and moving. Either way I'm planning on finding out...
Old 09-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

I updated the first post with individual scores and team total - make sure if I'm missing anything to let me know and I'll correct. I also posted the three doe kill pictures to the official scorecard thread, I would assume that's where they need to end up but fieldmouse will let us know I'm sure.

Good luck to everyone out there this weekend, I'm heading out shortly and hoping to check back in with good luck soon!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

It's been a busy week since I came home last weekend. I haven't had the chance to get out in my stand yet but it looks like I may get a chance this evening. The wind will be perfect for my best stand and it is cooler than it has been all week so hopefully something will be stirring.

Good job on the does BTW.

Good luck all.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Hey all,

It was an eventful weekend for me but unfortunately no points for the team. Friday night I ran into the bear in the bean field on my way back to the car in the dark. I heard it crashing away from me in the beans and it stopped and I could just see the green eyes watching me. I wasn't exactly sure what it was but then I could see the green eyes raise up as I'm sure he stood on his hind legs to get a better look at me. The next day my day saw the bear in the daylight in the same field from his stand, so looks like he's sticking around.

Saturday I hit a doe right before dark but couldn't find her. Arrow went right through and shot seemed good but couldn't find blood at all. Looked Saturday night and Sunday morning but couldn't find her anywhere.

My dad did shoot a nice 10pt Saturday night however. It's the second picture I have posted earlier, clean 10pt, 17.5" spread, g3's are 9 and 8.5". He didn't bleed at all either however was walking on a logging road until we spotted him tipped over on the downhill side only probably 150 or 200 yards from where the shot was.

Anyone having any luck out there? Rack did you have a picture of the doe to upload? ryndisher have you had any time to try and create a team avatar?

Good luck to everyone!!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Think I saw the same two does from last week yesterday. That lead doe is getting on my nerves. They keep coming down a hill and while at eye level she looks right at me. I'm sure I could have nailed her heading back up the hill, they weren't spooked, just avoiding walking past my stand. Tomorrow I think I'm going to head to where I shot that doe on opening day. Unfortunately, it isn't exactly a big buck hangout but I may score a second doe or possibly a small buck if I'm lucky.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slow this afternoon. I must have been winded, I had a deer blowing at me from behind my stand. I didn't see it though. Had 4 cross the creek way out of range, I was hoping they'd feed along the creek and come by my stand but no such luck. I didn't see any antlers. Just to rub it in, a huge doe and 3 little ones crossed in front of my truck while I was leaving the property. Anybody else having any luck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.