Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread >

Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread

Community
View Poll Results: Should points be awarded for does?
No, leave the contest as is.
16.67%
Yes, 50 points per doe.
50.00%
Yes, 20 points per doe.
33.33%
Others (post in thread)
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Name doesn't matter to me. You have my support for team captain Boogeyman. No opinion on the points for a doe. I don't hunt to get points for a contest. I hunt because I enjoy hunting.

Only 1 week left till season. Actually, I will be waiting at an airport for sunrise on opening day. Hopefully I can get out for an evening hunt on one of the first few days. Depends on how much time I need to spend with the family.

Good luck all.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry for the late check in guys. Will be bow hunting Northern NJ Zone 5. Today was the season opener and in NJ you have to earn a buck by shooting a doe 1st. So I was able to do that today so Tomorrow my focus will be a buck. Good luck out there. If I'm not too late my vote "Blood Trail Blrothers"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2012 1st harvest.jpg (21.2 KB, 1371 views)
Old 09-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NJ Camo Man
Sorry for the late check in guys. Will be bow hunting Northern NJ Zone 5. Today was the season opener and in NJ you have to earn a buck by shooting a doe 1st. So I was able to do that today so Tomorrow my focus will be a buck. Good luck out there. If I'm not too late my vote "Blood Trail Blrothers"
Better late than never. I hope you got a pic of the doe with you and your bow, looks like we may be able to score points for does this year.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Well if we can count it here it is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2012 1st harvest.jpg (20.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 09-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome NJ and congrats on getting one down already! It looks like the team is in favor of points for does so if/when it comes to a discussion I'll make sure to voice that.

Pulled the cards this weekend and have some more on the cams, hopefully they'll stick around until opener this Saturday and I can catch up with one.

Good luck to everyone already out there!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default doe

First doe this year.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Backstraps! Its whats for dinner!

Originally Posted by Lightsout
First doe this year.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Great job. Looks like she fill be good eat'n.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Shane! Teams off to a good start, and from everything I'm reading it looks like everyone is in favor of points for does! Glad you both have pictures of the full doe with bow so we should get some points for them.

It's going to be a long week waiting for Saturday opener. Bucks weren't on camera in daytime as much in the last two weeks but still had them visit a few times during shooting light. I have two stands set up specifically for early season right on the edge of the beans so I've already gone back and forth about 100 times which one I should be sitting in opening day...
Old 09-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Boogeyman24
Congrats Shane! Teams off to a good start, and from everything I'm reading it looks like everyone is in favor of points for does! Glad you both have pictures of the full doe with bow so we should get some points for them.

It's going to be a long week waiting for Saturday opener. Bucks weren't on camera in daytime as much in the last two weeks but still had them visit a few times during shooting light. I have two stands set up specifically for early season right on the edge of the beans so I've already gone back and forth about 100 times which one I should be sitting in opening day...
No kidding. I can't wait until Saturday either. I have a few different properties I can hunt but not sure where I want to be. I think I may hit two different properties, one in the morning and another in the afternoon. Decisions decisions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.