HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-2013-bowhunting-contest-133/)
-   -   Official Team 5 Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-2013-bowhunting-contest/369984-official-team-5-bloodtrail-brothers-thread.html)

knappk6 09-11-2012 12:12 PM

i went out on the first and saw a doe and two fawn but didnt have a shot. I should be getting out again on thursday so i hope i can get a doe and they let it count!

RIStrutStopper 09-14-2012 09:21 AM

Opening day is tomorrow. Weather forecast for the AM is thunder showers... PM looks clear though so I think a change of plan is in order for me. I think I'll wait until the afternoon and hit one of my CT spots.

Boogeyman24 09-14-2012 10:45 AM

Good luck tomorrow afternoon Paul. I'll be in the stand also, it's supposed to be warm but hope to catch them sneaking out to the beans before dark.

It sounds like all teams/captains are in favor of allowing points for does. I believe Fieldmouse is going to decide on how many points it will be, and it may be around 25-35 points for a single doe. Either way our team has a good start!

Anyone else heading out soon? Good luck everybody!

ryndisher 09-14-2012 11:28 AM

Good luck tomorrow guys! I still need to wait until October 1st. :s7:

knappk6 09-15-2012 02:39 PM

well today is day one of 10 days straight of work so no hunting for me. Ill be thinking of it the entire time im at work. Good luck Team!

RackLuster 09-15-2012 04:16 PM

Got a Doe this morning. Had 6 in bow range.

RIStrutStopper 09-15-2012 08:20 PM

Shot a doe this afternoon. Saw a bunch of little ones, I had 6 or 7 in range when I shot this one. One of the little ones was a piebald doe.

Barbara472 09-15-2012 11:36 PM

ArtyJoe checking in. I will be hunting in Missouri and I have a big buck on my hit list!

ryndisher 09-16-2012 03:46 PM

Looks like my hitlist buck has shed his velvet, right under my stand at the perfect time :D Hopefully he is there on October 1st!

GRIZZLYMAN 09-17-2012 07:07 AM

Bowseason started in Arkansas over the weekend but I won't be able to make it back there until the second weekend in October unfortunately. I do better in the late bowseason that runs through January and February anyway. Probably not doing any bowhunting in Texas since I didn't get drawn on any archery draw hunts this year.

Boogeyman24 09-17-2012 06:22 PM

Was out sat & Sunday nights, no bucks sighted. Brother saw a nice 9pt I have on camera but out of range. Looks like the bucks already stopped showing up on camera during shooting light, we're all moving between midnight and 4am the last couple weeks.

Good luck on that buck ryndisher I hope you get a shot at him! congrats Rack and RIStrut! rack do you have a picture with you, your bow and the full deer. If so they're worth 25 points this year so please post it to the team thread and we'll gladly take those points!

I'll be out this weekend. Was hoping to sneak out after work this week but looks like I'll have too much going on at this point

RIStrutStopper 09-17-2012 07:13 PM

Was looking to get out before the club meeting today but my truck wasn't cooperating. Its been starting hard last few days, battery on last legs. All I could imagine was being parked in the woods and not being able to get it started. I ended up wasting time getting a battery instead of hunting. Rain tomorrow afternoon thru Wed morning. I have a dentist appointment Wed morning, and I can honestly say I will be sick the rest of the day. May as well be sick in a deer stand, right?

RIStrutStopper 09-19-2012 06:13 PM

Hunted the club property tonight. Had 2 nice does walk to within 10 yards just before dark. They were skittish and picked me off when I drew. They bolted and moved out of range. I don't even think their flags went up, they weren't spooked that badly but still no shot. Oh well.

RackLuster 09-20-2012 06:57 PM

I'll get a picture of the Doe up in the next couple days. The picture is terrible but does have the whole deer, bow, and me.

Nice 9 point hanging out pretty regularly at my MN land. Hopefully I'll cross paths with him this weekend.

Boogeyman24 09-21-2012 05:22 AM

Looks like you're having a lot of action RIstrut, good luck on putting #2 down soon! Hope you get a chance at the 9pt this weekend Rack.

I'll be out this weekend, hoping to sneak away from work in time to hunt this pm otherwise should be in the woods saturday and sunday. Weather is about 20 degrees colder than last weekend so hopefully they'll be up and moving. Either way I'm planning on finding out...

Boogeyman24 09-21-2012 10:28 AM

I updated the first post with individual scores and team total - make sure if I'm missing anything to let me know and I'll correct. I also posted the three doe kill pictures to the official scorecard thread, I would assume that's where they need to end up but fieldmouse will let us know I'm sure.

Good luck to everyone out there this weekend, I'm heading out shortly and hoping to check back in with good luck soon!

mbmrang 09-23-2012 07:09 AM

It's been a busy week since I came home last weekend. I haven't had the chance to get out in my stand yet but it looks like I may get a chance this evening. The wind will be perfect for my best stand and it is cooler than it has been all week so hopefully something will be stirring.

Good job on the does BTW.

Good luck all.

Boogeyman24 09-26-2012 07:41 AM

Hey all,

It was an eventful weekend for me but unfortunately no points for the team. Friday night I ran into the bear in the bean field on my way back to the car in the dark. I heard it crashing away from me in the beans and it stopped and I could just see the green eyes watching me. I wasn't exactly sure what it was but then I could see the green eyes raise up as I'm sure he stood on his hind legs to get a better look at me. The next day my day saw the bear in the daylight in the same field from his stand, so looks like he's sticking around.

Saturday I hit a doe right before dark but couldn't find her. Arrow went right through and shot seemed good but couldn't find blood at all. Looked Saturday night and Sunday morning but couldn't find her anywhere.

My dad did shoot a nice 10pt Saturday night however. It's the second picture I have posted earlier, clean 10pt, 17.5" spread, g3's are 9 and 8.5". He didn't bleed at all either however was walking on a logging road until we spotted him tipped over on the downhill side only probably 150 or 200 yards from where the shot was.

Anyone having any luck out there? Rack did you have a picture of the doe to upload? ryndisher have you had any time to try and create a team avatar?

Good luck to everyone!!

RIStrutStopper 09-28-2012 11:29 AM

Think I saw the same two does from last week yesterday. That lead doe is getting on my nerves. They keep coming down a hill and while at eye level she looks right at me. I'm sure I could have nailed her heading back up the hill, they weren't spooked, just avoiding walking past my stand. Tomorrow I think I'm going to head to where I shot that doe on opening day. Unfortunately, it isn't exactly a big buck hangout but I may score a second doe or possibly a small buck if I'm lucky.

RIStrutStopper 09-29-2012 07:40 PM

Slow this afternoon. I must have been winded, I had a deer blowing at me from behind my stand. I didn't see it though. Had 4 cross the creek way out of range, I was hoping they'd feed along the creek and come by my stand but no such luck. I didn't see any antlers. Just to rub it in, a huge doe and 3 little ones crossed in front of my truck while I was leaving the property. Anybody else having any luck?

ArtyJoe 09-30-2012 07:09 AM

I had 6 gobblers come through at 5pm yesterday. They never got within bow range. Had a small 10 pointer come in at 545pm. I had him at 7 yards broadside but he is not on my hit list. Maybe next year.

Art

ryndisher 09-30-2012 11:14 AM

Opening day for me is tomorrow, ill be in the stand all morning. Wish me luck!

RackLuster 09-30-2012 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is my opener doe.

ok, so my photobucket account must have expired. hopefully attaching it to the thread works. if not, i'll get the image on my photobucket.

saw a bunch of does this weekend. no bucks.

Boogeyman24 10-04-2012 06:49 AM

How did opening morning go ryndisher? Anyone been out recently?

I'm hoping to get out saturday am. have had a nasty cold all week so hoping to feel better by then. I guess last weekend they weren't moving at all, maybe the cold weather coming in this weekend will get them on their feet.

Rack did you want to post the doe to the scoring thread?

ryndisher 10-04-2012 03:39 PM

Opening morning went pretty good, saw a spike, a 4pt a 6pt and a few does. That night my father saw a nice 6 that i would consider taking. I wont be getting out again until Sunday, maybe Saturday night if the weather is right.

Lightsout 10-06-2012 05:13 AM

Goodluck to everybody hunting this weekend. I'm heading out to land between the lakes from oct 28th til nov 5th. Try to get a good buck on the board.

RIStrutStopper 10-06-2012 02:16 PM

It's been slow the last few times out. No movement at all today or Monday.I may get out again on Monday or Tuesday.good luck to everyone hunting.

ryndisher 10-06-2012 03:52 PM

On the way back to the truck tonight I saw the big tall 8 point Ive been after, going back tomorrow morning and hopefully ill have a shot at him...

mbmrang 10-07-2012 06:01 AM

Looks like I actually get to sit in the stand tonight. I wish I could have spent all day in the woods yesterday. The cold front that came through had them moving. Hopefully they are are out tonight.

Good luck all.

ArtyJoe 10-07-2012 09:24 AM

I had 2 doe's come in on my setup at 6pm yesterday evening. I was lucky enough to get a 24yd broadside shot. She went about 40 yards and crashed.

Art

Lightsout 10-07-2012 03:02 PM

Good job artyjoe!

Boogeyman24 10-08-2012 01:39 PM

Congrats Art! looks like our team has quite a few does down, now we just need the bucks to follow!

I'm hoping that i might be able to sneak out an am or two next week but no guarantees. This is a busy fall for me as my wife & I are closing on our first house next week and I'm heading to Montana for a rifle hunt at the end of this month. Kills me not being in the woods as much as I'd like but that's life I guess.

Good luck to everyone going out soon! Anyone have trailcam pics to share??

RIStrutStopper 10-09-2012 10:54 AM

The only thing I have on trail cam lately is some guy having trouble finding his stand in the dark.he looks a lot like me.

Boogeyman24 10-11-2012 09:44 AM

ha! I've had a few of those myself.

These aren't recent but a few pics from September. Not sure if I've posted any of them before or not. My dad got one of the 10pts we were getting a lot of pictures of this summer/early fall. Haven't done a measurement yet but was 17.5" wide, 2 g3's were over 9 inches. Had a bunch of pics of him the week before he shot him, even the night before if i recall correctly.

This is the buck my dad shot:

GRIZZLYMAN 10-11-2012 04:32 PM

Delayed again for my first bow hunt of the year. I bumped it back a week, but I'll be lucky if I can get out. Work is killing me.

RackLuster 10-14-2012 05:01 AM

Had a 130s ten point within 10 yards last night. Drew back and my peep was turned sideways. Thought, being so close I'd still drill him. Missed low. Ugh. Blew a golden opportunity.

Still early....

Boogeyman24 10-16-2012 05:00 PM

Same here Grizzly - I'm closing on first house Friday so between that and work there aren't enough hours in the day much less days in the week. Still hoping to get out pre-rut in the am sometime soon.

Damn Rack at least you had a chance, hopefully you'll see him or another again. Lots of time left. Is your peep one woven into the string or connected with the rubber tubing?

GRIZZLYMAN 10-17-2012 09:09 AM

Finally heading out in a little over an hour for the lease. I'm tempted to shut down my computer until then to keep from having any last minute surprises. I had to pack a couple of orange vests and hats because the last two days of my hunt bleed over into muzzleloader season in Arkansas (starts 10/20). I really hate archery hunting with orange on.

RIStrutStopper 10-17-2012 07:14 PM

I got out for a couple of hours this afternoon. Saw absolutely nothing. after climbing down I finally heard one moving through the woods while packing up the climber. As I drove out of the driveway of the property a small 8 poienter crossed in front of my truck and hung out in the front yard of the house next door. Passed another as I turned onto the road. Seems they are moving late. Oh well.

RackLuster 10-18-2012 01:12 PM

Woven in string.

Kicked him up the next day on way to stand. Beautiful Buck and I wouldn't be surprised if He was 4 years old. Biggest bodied Buck I've ever seen.