Community

Team #9 The Backstrap Aassassins

Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friday evening at last light I shot a doe with the bow. From what I saw I had a high lung shot and the doe was quartering towards me. I got down and saw decent blood but not great blood. I decided to back out and get on the track first thing in the morning. I figured with all the snow down and the cold air the meat will be ok as long as the yotes don't get her first. I will post an update and hopefully pics after I find her.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to keep you guys in suspense for so long but I have been crazy busy. Here is how it went. Well the shot must not have been as good as I thought. The first 50 yards it looked good. Then the blood turned really dark and slowed way down. I gave her over 15 hours. We tracked her a little over 1/2 mile then lost all blood. Did not see one spot where she bedded down. I think she may have survived the hit.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry everyone, I had alot of bad luck this year and did not get one on the ground. I shot a buck on the 6th of November and hit him bout halfway between the heart and the spine, directly above the heart. I thought it was a good shot and about 20 minutes after I shot him it started to rain. So, I got down and started tracking. It was good blood even with the rain I didnt have any problems following it. We found three different beds and my arrow in the third bed. And that is the last sign we found of the deer. I know he is dead somewhere in the area but we could not find him. He would have been in the 130 range. My 10 year old came out with my brother so I was trying to get him a shot at one for half of my trip. He did miss a doe twice but he loved it.....lol He's already talking about going with us next season. I also missed a buck while he was in the tree with me. It was in the 120 range so that added to his excitement. Then a few days ago, Jan, 14th I missed another deer. It was a button buck that I thought was a doe until he came directly under me and was munching on some cedar branches I had cut off the tree behind me. I probably could have taken another shot at him but didnt want to wound him so, I passed. Hope everyone had a little better luck than me.