Team #9 The Backstrap Aassassins

Old 10-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am in Tuscarawas county. I would say I'm about 2-2 1/2 hours northeast of there. I am really pushing my boss tonight so I can get out early and be in the stand this morning. As long as everything works out she said ok. I also plan on being out there Thursday evening. Good luck to you all!!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Bartender

I will be out later this afternoon trying to get a doe for the freezers and of course some points.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

I have been working alot and coaching football so i havent had time to get out.. Football will be over in a week and then i will be hunting... Keep up the good work guys...
Old 10-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys!!!!! This evening I let my first arrow of the season fly. Result: Shot underneath, just grazed a nice doe. I just plain misjudged the distance. I was shooting uphill and it looked to be 20 yards to me. I got down and retrieved my arrow and when I stepped it off it was 27 yards. Usually I'm pretty good at guessing distance but this one got me. I guess it's time to invest in a range finder, lol. Here is all I have to show for it.
Attached Thumbnails Team #9 The Backstrap Aassassins-broadhead1.jpg   Team #9 The Backstrap Aassassins-broadhead2.jpg  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Yep!! Seen that once or twice befor Manofthefall!
Well the best nite of the week and what looks like the best for a few more was tonite. Perfect weather and where was i??? Not huntin thats for sure! Forcast callin for 100% heavey rain on saturday, saturday nite, and 70% sunday and sunday nite! I've hunted about half what i wanted to this point in the season due to the weather. I'm prayin the rain and wind hold off and the good weather today at least last till 8 or 9 am tomorrow and i can get a descent mornin hunt in. Long as its not a monsoon i'll be out in the am. I've got a lot of season left and its only gonna get better but damn am i gettin impatiant with the weather!!!!!!
good luck this weekend guys!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a bummer Mano, but it happens i need to get a rangefinder also so i dont have that happen to me.

Well guys i seen a nice buck this evening and i blew it, i had a doe and a fawn come in and as they passed by me i looked in the direction they came from and there he is standing there 50yrds away. Well dummy me decides to move my left arm to ready my bow from my lap and one of the does spots me and starts blowing and ran a few yards. The buck is looking around trying to find out what there blowing at. Well instead to following the way the does came he angled up toward the orchard and i watched him walk out of sight. He was probally about a 120-130inch 8 point. the only good thing is that he never new i was there and i snuck out hopefully without him knowing. Ill be back at it in the morning to try and catch him leaving the orchard heading to bed
Old 10-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to try and get off work at 5am and be out there in the morning. If not I will definitely be out there Saturday evening.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:21 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Got up at 5:30, stuck my head outside and nothin but stars and dead calm. Sweet i thought! By the time i got to the farm it had completely clouded over and the wind was blowing. Still wasn't too terribly windy and thought it would be a descent set but nothing!!! Guess i gottta give up on that spot for a while. Checked the cam by the stand, been there for a week and only 2 pics on it. Gonna try to get out tonite and sun nite but looks doubtfull with the weather.
Good luck guys!

Last edited by j76; 10-13-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Little bucks are moving....going to get good soon.

The Rage Chisel's are nasty when you make contact. Keep at it.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:05 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Been pouring since noon yesterday. Flood wornings till 5 am Monday. Radar looks like it could move out by 4 or so tonite but not what they are saying. This is killin me just sittin here at the house all weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.