Community

Team #9 The Backstrap Aassassins

Old 09-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will go with 20 points. I think it should be low because it would be a shame if the team with the most inches was beat out by a team with less inches but a few more does. I would actually prefer 5 points, no more than 10.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:38 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Welcome ObsessedBowhunter! Good to have ya! Thats a bummer about the camera, sorry to hear that.
20 pts is ok for the doe thing, but i do really like the idea of upgrading from doe to buck. If you have a doe, then later get a buck, the doe points are dropped and you go with just the points for the buck.
Looks like no work tomorrow so think i'll get out and check the cams again and get my last treestand squared away. I also have one up that i don't plan on using and may take it down,we have an absolute giant hanging out behind the shop at work. I'm gonna see about finding a spot back there to try for him. It's kind of a tricky spot to hunt tho, pretty much an urban area with just a thin strip of woods. Not sure what goes on back there for people and would hate to lose a stand, or a camera wich i'd also like to put out. Really would love to get a good look at that guy, he's super tall with some really long tines, one of em curves kinda funny around in front, he looks awsome from 150 yrds. Gotta see him up close.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Attached Thumbnails Team #9 The Backstrap Aassassins-012.jpg   Team #9 The Backstrap Aassassins-100.jpg  
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Since I have to shoot a doe before I can shoot a buck.. I think they should be worth oodles of points. LOL.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the team obsessed bowhunter sorry to hear about your camera. That is a very nice buck Ken good luck with getting him..
Old 09-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Im all for getting a score if you shot a doe because, if someone doesnt shoot a buck and can get a doe at least they will get us some pts with it.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:56 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Nice lookin buck Ken! Good luck with him.
Got my last stand set today and checked the cams, still not much on them. But as i said befor, i know they are there. Would really like to move them from the edge of the corn to the spots i plan on hunting, i've got lots of good runways all around them, but the spots are pretty open with high grass. Anytime i set the cams in spots like this i end up getting a ton of pics of moving grass and thats it. No fun looking at 800 pics with nothing on them.
Anybody else ever have this problem and have any tips on dealing with it?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out shooting the new bow again today. Inside of thirty yards, I am extremely accurate. 30 yards and out my shots begin wandering around the black with a few in the black every now and then. My buddy was with me and he was watching me real close trying to pinpoint my problem. When I get out to the longer ranges for some reason I grip the bow alot tighter than I normally do. He said relax the grip and that pretty much solved the problem. It was getting darker though about that time so I didn't get to shoot much after that. I was amazed though how just relaxing the grip the grouping in the black came back just like that. About the camera issue. I have had that problem and still do at times. I try and keep excess limbs out of the camera view and try and not face them towards brushy things that will always be blowing in the wind. That is about the only thing I can suggest for you. Hopefully I will have some more pics this weekend.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:52 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Whenever i draw my bow back i have made it a habit to always completely open the hand i hold the bow with. The pressure from the string being drew back obviously holds the bow in place. Then just befor i release i relax the fingers so they just barely hold the bow. That usually insures a relaxed grip so i don't tweak it when i release.
It's pretty much impossible to not point my trail cam in a direstion that the wind won't blow everything around in the area i'm hunting. Guess i'll just have to wait till the corn comes off, i'm sure i'll get a lot more pics then. Or better yet, wait till after Oct. 1 and sit in the stand and see it for myself!!!
Good luck guys! It's gettin close!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Practice practice practice.

Two weeks from today and season will finally open here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.