points for a doe

Old 08-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds good fieldmouse. Thanks I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way. I just thought it was a good idea and was giving different ideas how we could make it work.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Dominant Buck

No, not at all. I just want to keep this fun and organized. I'm working for you guys.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:18 AM
j76
Typical Buck

I really like the doe idea as well. I've been reluctant to join this contest in the past because i see the caliber of bucks some of you guys get and have felt that i'd be a bit out of my league in this thing. If we could get a doe in addition to a buck i think it would give a lot more guys a chance to contribute to their teams. I think that there is a lot of guys, like myself that have a pretty slim chance of shooting a 120 plus buck, but a smaller buck with the addition of a 20 point doe may make it a way more competitve contest.
My vote would be for each hunter to be able to enter 2 deer in the contest, a 20 point doe and their first buck in either order. The same rules apply for the doe, a posted pic with hunter, entire deer, and the bow. Would be nice if there could be a poll posted to vote on it.
Thanks guys and good luck this season, can't wait!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the idea.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by j76
My vote would be for each hunter to be able to enter 2 deer in the contest, a 20 point doe and their first buck in either order. The same rules apply for the doe, a posted pic with hunter, entire deer, and the bow. Would be nice if there could be a poll posted to vote on it.
Thanks guys and good luck this season, can't wait!!!
+1 here.

I dont disagree that this contest should be about the bucks, but like everyone above me has said, it would be a nice addition to have a doe for whatever the point total may be. For those of us fortunate to live and hunt where I hunt I personally am holding out for a 150" deer, however given the chance i'm going on a doe mission this year with the intent of filling my cooler and then donating them to the Illinois program that gives the meat to the less fortunate in life. It would be nice to contribute to the team that I will be placed on with one of those said does, just in case the buck I'm holding out for doesn't show.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Dominant Buck

If does count and everyone can enter a doe for the same amount of points, why won't it all be a wash in the end? How many folks do you suppose will shot a doe in this contest?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse
How many folks do you suppose will shot a doe in this contest?
IMO this is where it wouldn't be a wash, they have a choice to shoot a doe. If they don't shoot a doe then they don't shoot a doe, their choice. If its an option then maybe it will be a wash IF everyone in the contest shoots a doe, but what are the odds of that? For those of us who choose to shoot more than just racked deer it will improve our teams scores. For those who choose only to be buck hunters and don't get an opportunity at the buck they are holding out for then they won't contribute to the team. I know that I'm new here and don't want to step on any toes, just voicing my opinion. I do like that it will be brought to the captains, I think thats a great way to go about it.

Good luck everyone this season.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Typical Buck

I suggested the require a buck first then a doe can be taken that would also take away from it being a wash
Old 08-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Spike

If you do a buck first then it takes away from people being able to contribute to the team by shooting a doe if they aren't lucky enough to harvest a buck
Old 08-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

I like the idea of captains voting on the idea. Once all the teams check in and captains are chosen this will be the first major point of discussion in each group. Then the captains can all vote and the rule can either be struck down or voted in before the season starts.

I would suggest we have 3 different choices for the captains to vote on-

1) Keep the contest as is
2) Each hunter may enter 1 Buck & 1 Doe in any order. The hunter must enter the first buck and doe taken.
3) Each hunter may enter 1 Doe after they have entered a buck into the contest.

If the "Doe rule" is voted in I think it should be left to Fieldmouse to decide the points given for a Doe.

Fieldmouse, I think you are doing a great job and I am glad you’re taking the time to help put this contest on for the rest of us. Last year was my first year in the contest and while I was not able to take a buck with my bow I still loved talking with my team and learning how people in other parts of the country hunt, and seeing pictures. I really think thats what this contest is really all about. I can't thank you enough for continuing the contest and trying to make it enjoyable for all involved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.