Community

points for a doe

Old 08-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Spike

I think if the "doe rule" should take affect later in the season. For those hunters who wait on the big buck and miss out. So that everyone can help out. If we say after a buck then we are just helping out the ones who have already put up there numbers. Also I think we should put a hanycap on it. Like say under a 120 or 100 you get 20pts for doe. And for scores higher than that less points for a does.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Typical Buck

I don't see what it would hurt, could be kind of fun and lets everyone get on the board..
Old 08-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

Wouldn't a handicap like you are saying defeat the idea of shooting a big buck to gain the most points? Don't get me wrong I'm all for the points for a does idea simply because i m not going to shoot a 2 1/2 year old just so we get some points when all along I've been managing for older more mature whitetails
Old 09-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Here is a thought on the idea of shooting a doe. Let the contest run as is this year. Next year contest include a rule stating that you have to shoot a buck first then you can enter a doe following the same rules for entering it.That way everyone is helping the team by getting a buck and "bonus points" for harvesting a doe. In the event of a tie with "buck "points the "doe"points could used to help break tie. However dont think should be 500 points for a doe maybe 20-25.
Just an idea. Doesnt mean it will happen or work.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

So r we getting points for a doe. I think we should because everyone and shot at least one..so on will get the up on a other team..
Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

The bonus point idea is kind of kool or even let the guys who don't shoot a Buck give 20 points or so for a doe and then after that they go to a tie breaker
Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Banned

i think 50 points for a doe.. and you can kill it at any time. however if you kill a buck then your doe does not count. gives everyone a chance to contribute to the team while also not allowing for one person to contribute twice.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:30 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by snapper1982
i think 50 points for a doe.. and you can kill it at any time. however if you kill a buck then your doe does not count. gives everyone a chance to contribute to the team while also not allowing for one person to contribute twice.

This to me seems like the best idea yet. Lets everyone get a descent chance to help the team out with the option of upgrading to a buck. A lot of the other ideas here seem good, but could get a bit complicated for the ones trying to keep all the teams scores straight. This idea keeps it fairly simple and acheives what were all trying to do with this thing i think.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Have we had any progress deciding this subject yet?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Question

Here's An Answer To The Doe Point!
I have a freind who lives in Idaho and they can't shoot does,but are allowed 2 bucks,why not allow the extra buck for the same total as you allow for the doe?
Rocky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.