Community

points for a doe

Old 07-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

I like the 50 points for a doe. and only one for each hunter..
Old 07-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Spike

i also like the 50 points for a doe
Old 08-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Spike

Not to steal the moderators thunder here, but I say we open it to a vote...any way to get a poll going?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the doe idea too. Last year I passed on several bucks because they were just too small. I couldn't contribute any points because I didn't have an opportunity at any shooter bucks. At least if I can add a few points for a doe I won't feel that I let my team down if a decent buck never presents a shot and maybe some others will let smaller bucks walk because they don't feel pressured to have to kill a buck to score.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
I like the doe idea but I think 50 points is way too many. If a doe is allowed it should only be 5 points. Heck if ten guys each shoot a doe, that's 500 points. Then on another team if 3 guys shoot 150" bucks and no doe's they lose to a team that only shot doe's. By giving only 5 points a team can only receive a max of 50 points which in most occasions won't even equal one buck. But, what it will do in a tight race it can help out a team that is managing a herd properly by also taking out doe's. Just an idea.
After giving it more thought I also agree 50 points is too much but if we lower to 20 points it still helps the team out without putting up to many points against a buck. 5 points is too little IMO but if we lower the points for the does I think a lot of the hunters would appreciate it because it helps manage the herd, and helps their team out as well.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

50 points is to much. I think 20 points is a better number. I just feel like this could be a great addition to an already great contest.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Again, I disagree with any points for a doe. This is a buck contest and part of the contest is choosing to wait for a bigger buck or helping your team by taking the smaller buck. Notice how many on here chose to wait for something bigger. How many hunters do you think could shoot a doe and make this entire entry a wash?

However, if its done, it must be your first deer shot.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not saying keep it one deer but more like you get the first buck you shoot scored then you have the choice to also shoot a doe for an additional 20 points. Like many hunters I shoot a buck then get a doe tag so my season doesn't end right away.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

Or another idea is you have to shoot a buck and enter it before you can shoot a doe for points. Just another thought. I think it'd be a good idea if we can find a way to get points for a doe in the contest. Not only for the contest but it keeps hunters in the woods longer.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Let me suggest this gets a serious discusion this season. I'm not inclined to change the rules now with only a few people giving input. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm not in this contest. I'm only here to give back to others for the fun I've had over the years in this contest.

If you guys don't want to wait, then lets make this a discusion for team captains in order to control the direction in a more meaningful way. Let the captains discuss with their teams the ins and outs and then I can pull them all together and make a decision.

I can tell you the thought has crossed my mind why an I waiting for that monster without taking a shot at some of the little guys. I have plenty of tags and can shoot multiple bucks and unlimited amount of does. It was the contest and for the team I waited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.