Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011 - 2012 Gun Deer Contest
Official Team #3 Rut-aholics HELLO..WHERE IS EVERYONE AT? >

Official Team #3 Rut-aholics HELLO..WHERE IS EVERYONE AT?

Community

Official Team #3 Rut-aholics HELLO..WHERE IS EVERYONE AT?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Canuck33
Well I finally put the tape to my buck this weekend, 133 5/8ths
(lil john) YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
right on man....a gun, tag, deer and yerself..looks good...right on...crappy story fer suck a nice buck? lets hear it!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took a few big mollies the last weekend of NY season I didn't post earlier. Unfortunately I forgot to get the tag pic of the state lander and I dropped her off at my buddies house one the way home cause he wanted some meat so if it doesn't count that's how it goes but I do have the required pic of #1.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is not much of a story to the buck harvest, I primarily stand hunt my leases so I spend countless hours perched wither inthe creek bottom or on the edge of the food sourcewhich was cut corn this year. I had been seeing 20+ does and young bucks a night come in so it was a matter of time I hoped. About 20 minutes before shooting light was to end I had the "parade" of doe start to come out and then a stupid black and white cat came down the field edge and spooked them back into the bedding. I knew they didn't go far but they were blowing at the cat soi figured the night was shot nothingwould come out with light left but with only a few minutes left on a trail at 125-30yrds out he stepped out, I saw tall tines and decent mass and with countless hours of watching deer all bow and gun I decided he was good enough to take the poke at. I let the Omega bark and bam he went 20yards and piles up. He was one age class under what I wanted to harvest but still a great buck and worthy of the tag. I know at least 3 of my 4.5 yr olds made it through regular gun as i saw them the last night but they never made it out during late season so I did my doe management and hope they made it for next year and will be even bigger!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

DUDE YER ON FIRE
well done. looks like you will not go hungry, thats fer sure.
i've been out bow huntin and its been tough. seen alot of lookers, but they always go where i was the day before kinda thing lol.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

My season is all wrapped up with no brown to show for it... hoping for some action in late bow season though.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Canuck....some sweet m/l kills you got there!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

hope to have a couple of does down tomorrow

don