Community

Team #8 check in thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Spike

Well I have some bitter sweet news. The buck I shot earlier in the season was found over the weekend by my brother. I was hoping it was not a fatal shot and the deer was still out there however it looks like he traveled 500 yards and finally bedded down and died. Our property is heavy CRP and when you don't have a good blood trail it is very difficult to find anything in it. Surprisingly the yotes had not found it either. The shot placement was a little high thus allowing him to travel that far and no blood trail. Here are a couple pics for you guys. The left brow tine is split. It scored at 128" even gross. Sucks but at least it was found, I have decided to have a friend do a European mount which I think will look good.

Last edited by schaffee10; 12-21-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

schaffee10,
Did you shoot it with a gun?
If you have a picture, with you, the gun, and your buck you can still count the score for your team.
Since you did shoot it while hunting.

jrbsr
Old 12-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome deer. How long ago did you shoot it? I can't believe coyotes didn't find it.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jrbsr
schaffee10,
Did you shoot it with a gun?
If you have a picture, with you, the gun, and your buck you can still count the score for your team.
Since you did shoot it while hunting.

jrbsr
I do not as my brother is the one who found it and my nephew is the one in the picture. Since these pictures were taken we have cut the head off and used the rest for coyote bait so I cannot not get a new pic of the whole deer. I guess I did not think it would be valid since I did not find until almost 3 weeks later and it obviously was not a fresh deer. Thanks for running this contest I had fun even though my season did not turn out the way I would have liked. However the buck I really wanted seems to have gotten through the year so there will always be next year. Thanks anyway.

Our coyote population around this property is way down over the last few years. Did not get a single one on our trail cams and they were out for 2 months prior to gun season.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry I'm a little late here. This is a doe I got during our doe only extended season on 1/6/12. Not a buck but atleast its a few points for us.
Attached Thumbnails Team #8 check in thread-doe.jpg  
Old 01-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bhensley
Sorry I'm a little late here. This is a doe I got during our doe only extended season on 1/6/12. Not a buck but atleast its a few points for us.

Post the picture in the Offical 2011-2012 Picture Post, Score Card.
And the score will go to your team.
I wish you got a picture of you, the buck, and the gun in it before you cut it up.
Just remember if it happens again, to get pictures, O.K.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

JRBSR, not sure what you mean about getting a pic before I cut it up? She isn't even field dressed yet in this pic.