Community

Team 2 -- Freak Nasty

Old 11-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by npaden
Thanks for the comments, I'm happy with him.

Don't forget to take pictures if you shoot a doe guys. They are worth 50 points this year!
Really I was not aware of that. Is it just one or can you take as many as you like. In Missouri they beg us to take doe. You can buy 99 doe tags. You may be able to take more than that but the drop down box only goes to 99. They saw many running with nose to the ground last weekend when I was bow hunting but nothing mature. Our rifle season opens saturday so I am going try to find that trophy buck but for sure will take a doe or two.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it is just one doe per person.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the scoop from the rules.

The Does will count as 50 points this year.

One Doe per team member, will count toward your team.
A possible total of 10 does per team, = 500 points.
The Doe will count as 50 points.

The Doe rules will be the same as the buck rule.

You the Doe and the Gun, with the tag (For the states that require a tag) must be in the picture.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Lads
Well I am back and no I didn't get Freak Nasty but saw him way off so he is going to be a super monster next year because we nailed four in total which were 3 big bucks and a chunk of a doe!
Ya ya I know your all askin yourselves well well?
Boooooo Ya baby I got my biggest buck of all time a 9 point plus a baby drop tine 290lbs field dressed bad boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so pumped and honored lads
I am still trying to figure how measure his rack cause my other deer are just meat not for score!
I will post his pic soon and score to follow.
This for my WMU is a big deer so don't laugh when I post ok lol!

Treebeard

Last edited by Treebeard; 11-14-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go TB! Looking forward to seeing pics!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Cool 9 Point

Boo Ya Baby!

Attached Thumbnails Team 2 -- Freak Nasty-buck.jpg  

Last edited by jrbsr; 11-15-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys....checking in! I just got added to the team today.

Looking forward to the season. I hunt in VA and WV....haven't had much luck yet, seen a few bucks - nothing worth shooting. Its m/l season now in VA...rifle opens on Saturday. WV rifle opens on Monday, I'll be hunting the whole week at our camp. Hope to put down a buck and doe for the team! I may get out some this week with the m/l, hopefully. Good luck to everyone, looking forward to getting to know you guys.

This is my first time in this contest...I've been in the bow contest for many years. Didn't get in this year...missed the cutoff, so I figured I'd jump in here. I typically shoot a few does each season, and look for a nice buck. The past few years I've been lucky enough to get a decent buck down - hopefully that will continue this year. We don't have whoppers where I hunt...a good one is 110", but hey its all fun!

Treebeard....great buck for sure! 290 lbs....holy cow (literally!) Got any more pics, I want to see that body! Mature deer around here are are about 120lbs... I can't even imagine a deer that size. Congrats man, nice work!

Mike
Old 11-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Mike welcome to the motley crew lol
Ya am going to post more and yes he is a heavy bugger
We used a measurement to weight chart to get his 290
He measured 46 inches around his chest girth which by this chart was 290lbs field dressed
We don't get chunk deer like that very often most of our deer are pretty lean so this probably a once in a life time buck for me
You should have seen the fat layer on this boy and his neck was massive from the rut
Once again welcome aboard
Treebeard
Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Score

Ok so I had my buck scored 106 4/8
9 points
Treebeard
Old 11-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man treebeard....that thing looks bigger than 106. You sure they scored it right? Do you have the actual measurments? Let me know, I can help you double check it if you don't have them, or aren't sure how to score it.

Could just be the pic is deceiving, but if it does score more...we want you to get all the points you can

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.