Team 15 "Bone Zone"

Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

No good, we looked all day through acres and acres of cattails. Exausting walking through thick cattails let me tell ya. Problem is they are soo thick hard to say what is 10 yards from you. But I looked hard and just don't know where he went. Been awhile since I lost one, BUMMER!!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Fork Horn

That sucks Tribal....been there.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Well, now ya can move on to bigger one over the holiday weekend.
Good luck with the next one.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

Finally heading out with my bow all day thursday,friday,saturday and sunday morning. The deer are nearing the end of the rut here. I did manage to shoot a nice one with my rifle last week but have not been bowhunting in over a week so hopefully it works out this weekend.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Spike

Hey guys, I finally made it back from my trip to Kansas after 3 weeks of hard hunting. The trip was good, but not without some ups and downs.

In the beginning, I was seeing some awesome buck movement and passing up some pretty good bucks, some were in the 140's. Then, after about a week and a half in, I thought I made a good shot on a high 150's 10 point and thought my trip was done. I gave him an hour and went back and searched and could not find one drop of blood. I grid searched and spent the rest of the day looking and finally found my arrow, but only had about 6" of penetration. It looked like it may have been a shoulder hit.

Then, after that, the mature buck movement all but quit. It was lockdown. I wasn't seeing any more mature bucks while on stand. I was seeing plenty of young bucks searching for does but no mature bucks. Then, one afternoon, I was watching a doe cross an opening with a pretty good buck about 70 yards behind her. The buck was a 10 pointer with a slight limp. It was the same buck that I hit, and a good mile and a half from where I shot him. After looking at him through binoculars I could see the hair on his shoulder matted which confirmed my thoughts on a shoulder hit and knew he'd be fine.

My trip was finally coming to an end and had one more morning to hunt. I had an uneventful sit and pulled my stand after my hunt was over and decided to walk down and pull my blind which was about 300 yards away. I set my stand down but grabbed my bow and started walking down to get my blind. As I was walking down, a doe popped out of the cedars to my left with a mature buck right behind her. The doe spotted me and stopped about 25 yards in front of me but the buck didn't see me but stopped right behind the doe. I drew back, made a good shot, and had an unbelievable ending to my Kansas hunt.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

Thats a great buck!
Congrats
Old 11-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

congrats 16 point, thats a pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Well boys i finally tagged out with a buck on saturday evening, i got him skinned and in a buddies walk in cooler. He is not the biggest buck in the world but it has been 3 years since i have taken a buck with my bow and it is nearing the end of season for me. Pictures and score to come tomarrow.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats SDhunter
So tell us the story.

Hey 16 point, you also need to get your buck added to the official scorecard buddy.

Way to go fellas.

Last edited by On_Point; 11-28-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Spike

Congrats Sdhunter!! Can't wait to see the pics...

On Point..I just entered my buck...scored 143.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.