Community

Team 15 "Bone Zone"

Old 10-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

well guys just got my buck entered in. end score was 87 3/8 . not a monster but im happy with him and he's putting us on the board
Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

nice buck vermont, i got out this morning but didnt see a deer, seen a monster in the headlights heading out this morning though.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Spike

Congrats! Vermont hunter..
Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Vermont!

I also put some meat on the table last night with a small doe. Second this year. Im ready to thwack ol' mossy horns.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Im getting down to the wire here boys, the wife is due with our little one in two weeks and i have to work all weekend so i get to go out tomarrow evening and monday and tuesday evening next week and that might be all she wrote until late november/december when the rifle hunters have all the deer on edge lol.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats to you & your wife.

Hunt safe & enjoy the peace & quiet in the woods. It wont last.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

I had a little fork horn chasing does under my stand tonight.

I was at full draw on the nanny doe & my bow tinged against my treestand rail. She bolted & I cursed.

But the pre-rut is on here in Illinois.

Happy hunting fellers.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by On_Point
I had a little fork horn chasing does under my stand tonight.

I was at full draw on the nanny doe & my bow tinged against my treestand rail. She bolted & I cursed.

But the pre-rut is on here in Illinois.

Happy hunting fellers.
I HATE treestand rails! LOVE my Lone Wolf Alpha One!
That's awesome about the pre-rut! Think we have a week or so yet here in NY. I did stop a buck with a grunt last night. Tried a Snort Wheeze and he bolted! He was en route to a fresh-cut corn field...thinking he was hungry.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
I HATE treestand rails! LOVE my Lone Wolf Alpha One!
That's awesome about the pre-rut! Think we have a week or so yet here in NY. I did stop a buck with a grunt last night. Tried a Snort Wheeze and he bolted! He was en route to a fresh-cut corn field...thinking he was hungry.
Well, after I took a hack saw to my Summit Viper SD last night, I now have a Summit Dagger Open-face stand. No more banging my bow against that front rail. I have a feeling that my warranty is void now.

Here in central Illinois we had our first frost this morning & at first light my thermometer said 32 degrees. Im guessing pre-rut will be in full swing now. Ill report back if I see more bucks chasing.

Everyone have a great weekend. Happy hunting!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

First and foremost, Congrats Vermont on a good buck!!! Sorry I have not been on here that often, I will hope to change that. Anyways, I ended up harvesting a doe the other night when I said I was going to the stand that pretty much guarantees a shot at a doe. Shot her right around 4:00 pm, they were moving pretty early with a cold front coming in. Anyways right after I shot her, I called the landowner to tell him I shot a doe, he didnt pick up, but not 10 minutes later he called and said he needed some help with a roadkill buck that was hit about a half mile from where I was. So I walked up to his house and he picked me up and took me to the spot where the buck was hit. We ended up getting a salvage tag for it from a sheriff's deputy. He is a decent buck probably about lower 130's as a 9 pointer. I have strict restrictions to not shoot anything unless it is ungodly big basically because the landowner bow hunts as well. So, it stinks to have a deer like this die. He would of been a good buck in a couple of years. Here is the picture of the buck:

Last edited by iowabowhunter1; 10-21-2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: picture did not attach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.