Community

Team 15 "Bone Zone"

Old 10-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by On_Point
Heck no! Youre still on the team roster, so welcome aboard buddy.

Havin a good season thus far?
Not yet, only been out twice so far... Been so busy with work and the family, I've decided to put off using my hunting days until closer to the rut.

I'm planning to be out all day friday and sat, hopefully something comes of it! I'll keep you guys posted!

I'll update my avatar tonight too!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone go afield today?

I was at home with the boys all day while Momma went to town to resupply.
Heading to the deer woods in the morning though. Supposed to be a good chance of rain. That will be a nice change from this drought we've had. Im ready for some cold November rain. (GnR reference)
Old 10-14-2011, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default season opener

Season opens tomorrow. I can't wait!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

finally, i wonder what your game and fish dept. was drinking when they came up with that date.lol
Old 10-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by On_Point
So how's the hunting in Iowa?

Howd ya fair in the tournament?

Hunting so far here in Iowa has been pretty slow, I hate hunting in October, the warm weather and lack of movement make it tough hunting and I try to not let myself get burned out before november comes rolling around. Been out a couple times but plan on filling a doe tag sometime this weekend hopefully. Saw a few nice bucks the two times I went out, they were in the 130-140 range. Hopefully some bigger ones will start to make their presence be known in the next couple of weeks.

The tournament was pretty slow, I fish for the University of Iowa so this was a collegiate event down in southern Illinois and after two days all it took was 5lbs to make the top 5, me and my partner had 2lb 7oz, and the fish needed to be 16" to keep, which if we had one more keeper we would be knockin on that top 5 door! We just couldnt get the right bites I guess. Always next year! Now its time to concentrate on the deer. Hope to get some good trail came videos this week.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Hopefully will be in a stand that is pretty much gonna guarantee me a doe, Hope the wind doesn't switch on me by tonight!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default opener

Sd,
I know it! I'd love a longer bow season! It's killin me to drive by the fields and watch the deer from the road. They're forecasting 18 mph winds and rain tomorrow...not a nice start!

On point,
my buddy is going to wayne county, Il to hunt in Nov.
his friend is telling him that he's passing 2 140 class bucks nightly and seeing 50 deer a sit.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

Well, Im headin out soon. Gonna go find me a tree further back in this draw. The weather is gonna be beautiful all weekend, the temps are just right. Im gonna hunt hard for the next 3 days & try to catch this 8pt slippin up. Hopefully he's not the biggest in the woods but he is a hoss. I really want to put a missle through him before Sunday night.

Ill talk to ya folks from the treestand. Everyone have a great weekend.

Hunt safe, hunt smart.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

finally seen a deer this morning, i was beginning to wonder if they all fled the county. He was just a one horn forky but it beats not seeing anything. Hopefully this evening has more in store. I would love to kill a birthday buck lol.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck this weekend guys! Im stuck at work all weekend and wont be getting out til maybe next weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.