Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Team 1 Returning Champions Thread >

Team 1 Returning Champions Thread

Community

Team 1 Returning Champions Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Spike

Blake.....I'm proud to be on the same team with you....class act.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

Good job on getting a nice buck Blake!

I wish it would cool down! 90 degrees is way too hot for me to be hunting, makes me sweat just thinking about it! Hopefully the bottom will fall out on the temps in a couple of weeks just before the rutting starts.

Good luck to all those that are out hunting!!

JB
Old 10-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about all your mishap Blake but way to score on a nice buck!! Have been out of town all week but shot a doe last weekend will have to get a pic up soon!! Hope everyone is doing well. Awesome opening weekend weather for the opener but warm temps have put a damper in things this weekend. Hopefully there will be more horn to score in the upcoming weeks!!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

Warm weather still here in Kansas. Two of the biggest bucks I've seen are still grouped up as of two days ago. Usually by now the mature deer are on their own. Hopefully a cold front will hit soon. I made a rookie mistake yesterday morning. Monster 7 pnt frame double main beam buck came in. I drew to full draw and turn 40 degree and some how hit my release sending a arrow 7 ft over the deers body. I was just so pumped and excited I didnt focus on what I 've practice so much to do ...archerymenship !! <--is that a word? haha Cya talk to you later guys.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default Doe Down!

First Doe with my bow!! Putting some points up on the board feels good! Now only if I could put some buck points up Ill be good to go! Season is still early though so we will see what happens! Do I submit to the official scorecard or does the captain do it? I forgot sorry
Attached Thumbnails Team 1 Returning Champions Thread-keiths-first-doe-ever-bow-10022011-ada-s-2-.jpg  
Old 10-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Hutinboy1122
Congrats on the doe,but in this contest it's buck only, you might of misread what Zink had printed as does too with antlers. Good going though. Also when submitting the picture you need 2 pictures with you and the buck okay. Let's not make another boo-boo!
Rocky
Old 10-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

Whoops!! Oh well time to work on that buck! I guess I should read the rules again because I forgot about the two picture rule. Hope everyones hunts are going good! Hoping for some cooler weather here. My buddy was out this past weekend and actually saw some pre rut activity so hopefully getting back out soon!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Huntinboy
I just reread the rules and they don't have the rule for 2 pictures,so your alright, but still just bucks only!
Rocky
Old 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that you couldnt enter your buck Blake, congrats though on a nice buck.

Congrats on the doe huntingboy that will make for some good eats.

I havent been hunting much in the past 2 weeks only been out a few times, due to the hot weather we been having, seen a few doe no bucks so far. It looks like the weather is going to break and get alot cooler so im looking forward to getting out alot more in the next week or 2. Good luck to you guys!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rockstar,

Too bad for Blake, eh? I understand everyone's reasoning though. If the captians didn't maintain the rules, then guys would enter deer like this:

I took him legally from the woods while archery hunting in Colorado September 24th, 2011. He net scores 224 B&C. The cape will be dry enough to paint (finish) next Monday. What an incredible deer... it's only fitting to bring him back to life! It is also a testament to the apex predator who took his life. In my 36 years of hunting Colorado, this is as close as I've come. Scary......

Blake, CONGRATS on a fine deer!

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 10-13-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.