HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest-127/)
-   -   Team 1 Returning Champions Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest/349260-team-1-returning-champions-thread.html)

youngfart 09-26-2011 07:12 PM

Good Luck

Hey great to have you back Camokenny and hope the 2 of you have a great 1st weekend to hunt. Tomorrow is the 1st weekend to the cool off here. We've been getting some awesome Indian Summer weather here for the last week. I'll be pushing to down a Bull Moose for the next couple of weeks and maybe a doe or 2. Need some meat, good luck guys.
Rocky

blakefrautschi 09-26-2011 08:22 PM

Here he is!

1 Attachment(s)
The wait is over, I have the pictures!
They aren't the best, since they're in the driveway of our house.... but i shot him in a downpour and was by myself and light was fading very fast, and gutting him and getting him out of there were my top priorities.

youngfart 09-26-2011 10:12 PM

Blake
Nice buck buddy,I'm hoping you have more pictures of the deer ! This picture, the deer would not be counted as I do not see your bow in the picture and according to rule #7 it has to be present. Don't tell me you don't have one!!!!! congrats again on the buck Blake.
PM me when you come up with one so I can put it in the scoring thread.
Rocky:confused:

blakefrautschi 09-27-2011 05:47 PM

I completely forgot about that rule, I do have the rack still, but the body is long gone...
I would guess that people wouldn't give me too much grief for taking a picture with just the rack, and my bow, in the same spot out side my house? having both of those pictures has to be enough proof right?

If not, I've still got two buck tags, and I won't forget on the next one!

I guess we'll see what the Mods think.

finner 09-28-2011 07:47 AM

Nice buck Blake! way to go man.

Hopefully the mods will let you slide with just a head photo and your bow. I dont think you can enter a second buck on here, its got to be your first buck according to the rules.

Well the season starts for me saturday ill be heading to my buddys deer camp friday to hunt all weekend, i cant wait the deer numbers are up this year and it should be a great season!

blakefrautschi 09-28-2011 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well heres another photo, poor quality since it's on my laptop's web cam, but between this photo and the other hopefully they can let it slide... I guess we'll see

And Finner I was just saying that if they don't let us enter this buck, i could possibly enter the next buck if i get another as long as i have a good picture with my bow in it! I feel like they'll let this one go though, but we'll see what happens.

_zink_ 09-30-2011 02:31 PM

i will discuss this with feildmouse. the decition will have to be accepted by us both.

jermelott 09-30-2011 02:43 PM

It would seem that this would have to go to a vote among team captains also. Since it clearly doesnt fall within the rules of the contest. But that being said, he would have my blessing as team 5 captain. Now if this was during guns season, it might be different. Congrats blake, very nice bow kill!!!

blakefrautschi 09-30-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by jermelott (Post 3854986)
It would seem that this would have to go to a vote among team captains also. Since it clearly doesnt fall within the rules of the contest. But that being said, he would have my blessing as team 5 captain. Now if this was during guns season, it might be different. Congrats blake, very nice bow kill!!!

Thank you, It was an honest mistake.
I hope everyone else agrees with you!

But also, if this buck didn't count, and if i took another buck, would that one count? Because according to the rules I can't enter my second buck, but if my first one doesn't count, then does that mean the second one (If i get a 2nd one) could count as long as i had my bow in the picture?

hammerman 09-30-2011 09:44 PM

I'll be in a tree in just a few hours! Best weather conditions in several years for opening day. Good luck to everyone hunting Saturday!

blakefrautschi 10-03-2011 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Zink any word on whether or not my buck will count?

anyway i got out for the wisconsin duck opener and between three of us we ended up with 11. we should have limited, but our shooting was a bit rusty...

youngfart 10-03-2011 04:35 PM

Blake
Looks like the panel has turned it down Blake. So far out of the Captains that have voted ,it's unanimous for rejecting it. I've asked Zink to see if you can use one of your other buck tags to qaulify. He hasn't replied yet.
Rocky:bash:

blakefrautschi 10-03-2011 04:52 PM

:bash: well, sorry team I was thinking more about the meat in the deer than about this contest...

You guys did it without me scoring last year, You can do it again! I'll at least be here for some emotional support:s13: if i can't submit another buck.....

youngfart 10-03-2011 05:19 PM

Hey Blake
Don't give up yet, there might be another chance with your second buck tag you said you had. Zink said yes, I believe it has to go up to the Captains vote again. I'll let you know when I find out. I hear ya when you said the meat before the contest, I'm with ya all the way to the freezer , LOL Hope every thing works out.
Rocky:hail:

blakefrautschi 10-03-2011 05:23 PM

Hopefully that will work, and hopefully i'll score again! That is the problem with early season though, the temps make you act quick with the processing!

BigDaddy12t 10-03-2011 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by blakefrautschi (Post 3856154)
Hopefully that will work, and hopefully i'll score again! That is the problem with early season though, the temps make you act quick with the processing!

Hey Blake, I just wanted say congrats on the buck! Sorry, but being the captain for team 13, I did vote no. Has nothing to do with believing you or not. I just felt that the rule has been in place in years past, and if we let this one pass, where do we stop. I will say that I will for sure be voting yes, if you get another one. I see no problem at all with letting your second one count, so go out and knock another one down. Good Luck to your entire team this year.

blakefrautschi 10-03-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t (Post 3856163)
Hey Blake, I just wanted say congrats on the buck! Sorry, but being the captain for team 13, I did vote no. Has nothing to do with believing you or not. I just felt that the rule has been in place in years past, and if we let this one pass, where do we stop. I will say that I will for sure be voting yes, if you get another one. I see no problem at all with letting your second one count, so go out and knock another one down. Good Luck to your entire team this year.

Thanks, no hard feelings! Good luck to you as well!

jermelott 10-03-2011 07:05 PM

Blake, sorry bud. I voted no also. When I initially read your post and responded that I beleived you, it was because I DO. But, I wasnt thinking in the aspect of letting you enter your buck, and denying someone else for the same thing later down the road. It would have to stop at some point, so its easier if it doesnt start. That being said, I will vote yes to you having another shot at entering another buck.

youngfart 10-03-2011 09:25 PM

Blake
Things are starting to look up bud,that's 3 including Zink:rock:
Rocky

Alltlk4 10-04-2011 07:02 AM

I am on team 13 and been following the "no bow in picture" updates. I just want to say that all parties involved have handled the situation with complete class. I think all the right steps were taken and I hope you can submit another buck.

LadysEdge 10-04-2011 05:49 PM

Blake.....I'm proud to be on the same team with you....class act.

hammerman 10-06-2011 02:23 PM

Good job on getting a nice buck Blake!

I wish it would cool down! 90 degrees is way too hot for me to be hunting, makes me sweat just thinking about it! Hopefully the bottom will fall out on the temps in a couple of weeks just before the rutting starts.

Good luck to all those that are out hunting!!

JB

huntinboy1122 10-09-2011 06:22 AM

Sorry to hear about all your mishap Blake but way to score on a nice buck!! Have been out of town all week but shot a doe last weekend will have to get a pic up soon!! Hope everyone is doing well. Awesome opening weekend weather for the opener but warm temps have put a damper in things this weekend. Hopefully there will be more horn to score in the upcoming weeks!!

Hoyt21 10-10-2011 04:50 AM

Warm weather still here in Kansas. Two of the biggest bucks I've seen are still grouped up as of two days ago. Usually by now the mature deer are on their own. Hopefully a cold front will hit soon. I made a rookie mistake yesterday morning. Monster 7 pnt frame double main beam buck came in. I drew to full draw and turn 40 degree and some how hit my release sending a arrow 7 ft over the deers body. I was just so pumped and excited I didnt focus on what I 've practice so much to do ...archerymenship :) !! <--is that a word? haha Cya talk to you later guys.

huntinboy1122 10-10-2011 04:46 PM

Doe Down!

1 Attachment(s)
First Doe with my bow!! Putting some points up on the board feels good! Now only if I could put some buck points up Ill be good to go! Season is still early though so we will see what happens! Do I submit to the official scorecard or does the captain do it? I forgot sorry

youngfart 10-10-2011 05:35 PM

Hutinboy1122
Congrats on the doe,but in this contest it's buck only, you might of misread what Zink had printed as does too with antlers. Good going though. Also when submitting the picture you need 2 pictures with you and the buck okay. Let's not make another boo-boo! :arms:
Rocky

huntinboy1122 10-11-2011 05:19 AM

Whoops!! Oh well time to work on that buck! I guess I should read the rules again because I forgot about the two picture rule. Hope everyones hunts are going good! Hoping for some cooler weather here. My buddy was out this past weekend and actually saw some pre rut activity so hopefully getting back out soon!

youngfart 10-11-2011 06:20 AM

Huntinboy
I just reread the rules and they don't have the rule for 2 pictures,so your alright, but still just bucks only! :)
Rocky

finner 10-12-2011 02:27 PM

Sorry to hear that you couldnt enter your buck Blake, congrats though on a nice buck.

Congrats on the doe huntingboy that will make for some good eats.

I havent been hunting much in the past 2 weeks only been out a few times, due to the hot weather we been having, seen a few doe no bucks so far. It looks like the weather is going to break and get alot cooler so im looking forward to getting out alot more in the next week or 2. Good luck to you guys!

iamyourhuckleberry 10-13-2011 05:39 PM

Hey Rockstar,

Too bad for Blake, eh? I understand everyone's reasoning though. If the captians didn't maintain the rules, then guys would enter deer like this:

I took him legally from the woods while archery hunting in Colorado September 24th, 2011. He net scores 224 B&C. The cape will be dry enough to paint (finish) next Monday. What an incredible deer... it's only fitting to bring him back to life! It is also a testament to the apex predator who took his life. In my 36 years of hunting Colorado, this is as close as I've come. Scary......

Blake, CONGRATS on a fine deer!

blakefrautschi 10-13-2011 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry (Post 3860837)
Hey Rockstar,

Too bad for Blake, eh? I understand everyone's reasoning though. If the captians didn't maintain the rules, then guys would enter deer like this:

I took him legally from the woods while archery hunting in Colorado September 24th, 2011. He net scores 224 B&C. The cape will be dry enough to paint (finish) next Monday. What an incredible deer... it's only fitting to bring him back to life! It is also a testament to the apex predator who took his life. In my 36 years of hunting Colorado, this is as close as I've come. Scary......

Blake, CONGRATS on a fine deer!

How'd you get a picture of my second buck?!:p

I'll be headed out again this weekend, hopefully a "booner" walks by and gives me a shot!

iamyourhuckleberry 10-17-2011 06:11 AM

Hey Rockstar,

Just saying...Team 11 has two bucks over 140 and it's still early! You guys might be standing around watching us do the "bye-bye" dance come January.

huntinboy1122 10-18-2011 09:27 AM

Weekend hunt

Goin to be in the woods all weekend and really looking forward to it with these cooler temperatures lately. Hopefully come back with somethig to score!! Good luck everyone!!

youngfart 10-18-2011 04:44 PM

Huntinboy
Best of luck this weekend and bring home one of those Illinois bruisers.
Rocky

youngfart 10-20-2011 07:55 PM

22 Days Till
Wow it's down to that now huh! LOL man I got the itch to fling a few arrows ,@ what though? Better have antlers is all I can say,to my team mates,time to start getting primed to defend out Title. Be safe out there and shoot straight. Might get a few sit's between now and the 11th of November. This weekend I'll be cleaning up the rest of the leaves and the flower pots and all the backyard stuff so that the wife can start parking the car in the garage.
Rocky

shawneeslinger 10-23-2011 08:10 AM

Hey guys, its been a while since I've said much. Work has had me covered up for the entire course of our bow season so far. I have scheduled almost the entire month of November to be out there though...with temps so warm, it looks like I made the right decision. Still getting lots of pics, have seen tons of deer on the few outings i've made. Just hope to be in the right place at the right time. Good Luck!

youngfart 10-23-2011 09:15 AM

shawn
You need to change your old avatar to the new one. check it out on the the starting of our posts
Rocky

shawneeslinger 10-27-2011 11:43 AM

Just checking to see if my avatar is changed. I replaced the old one back when the contest started, but it still keeps showing up when I post. Weird.

shawneeslinger 10-27-2011 11:49 AM

I dont know why this isn't working, I've reset and set this picture 4 times and it still comes up the same old avatar from last year. I can live with it though, hope you can too! good hunting.

youngfart 10-27-2011 04:43 PM

Shawn
Lol that's funny bud, good luck knocking down a big one this year,and keep in touch,were way down from communicating as a team:s6:.
Rocky