HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest-127/)
-   -   Team 1 Returning Champions Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest/349260-team-1-returning-champions-thread.html)

blakefrautschi 11-06-2011 06:42 PM

Thanks rocky! Looks like we'll be moving back up in the rankings! lets keep this going and get the repeat!!!

hammerman 11-07-2011 04:24 AM

Blake, congrats on an AWESOME buck!!!

shawneeslinger 11-07-2011 06:05 AM

Dang, yall are making me crazy. I have towork through this Sunday before i get to take the rest of the month off. Im hopeful i can join the ranks of those posting a kill. My son has finally expressed some interest in going with me one day during our gun season. Im knee deep in man tears! He has had no interest in this before, so im pretty excited. Pray this week goes fast. Happy hunting.
Jeff

blakefrautschi 11-07-2011 06:13 AM

Good luck when you get out!

also as far as the rut goes it seems that it might be even better next weekend around here! i saw a set of 2 does with 2 fawns! no buck in sight!

finner 11-07-2011 08:32 AM

Way to go Blake! congrats again on a stud of a buck! man he's got some mass, beautiful buck.

Shawn thats great to hear your boy is showing interest in hunting, good luck when you do get out again.

I didnt get to get out this weekend dang it, i might be able to get off work early and hunt a couple days this week if not ill be out next weekend and that will do it for early bow season.

huntinboy1122 11-07-2011 03:11 PM

Congrats Blake and ladysedge!! Went out this past weekend and nothing. Not much for deer movement at all. Friday night I did not see a deer all night and on my way out I walked into the field and watched 15-20 scatter. WOW! REALLY?!?! Good thing it wont be long before I am back in the stand. Keep it up!!

youngfart 11-07-2011 04:01 PM

Heck Team
Were all home sitting on our butts when the rutt is almost upon us:s6:. I too am stuck at work till Friday morning,then I'll sit for 6 day's straight,yahooo. Hopefully the rutt kicks in good by then. Real slow right now. Shawn great to see your son has took interest in hunting,maybe you'll have a partner for the rest of your life bud.
Rocky

lumpie 11-07-2011 04:12 PM

Well team, things didnt go as planned saturday am. I went out to put my hands on some bone, and did not locate him. I searched for 6 hours, with five guys and my dog. We found plenty of blood, but this deer refused to bed down anywhere's. He crossed two large ravine's, a paved road and just kept trucking onto a third property which I've not gained access to yet. None of this makes sense, I was positive of a good shot, found good blood and clots, but can't recover him. I'm not done yet, I will keep looking, and hopefully gain acces to where he went. My arrow was still him, and the blood trail dried up after a mile or so. I suspect that due to the hard quatering towards me angle, i only caught one lung and maybe liver. I did not push this deer, I left right after under the cover of high winds, but he refused to bed down. I feel as if I let the deer down, my team and myself. I will keep looking for a few more days until I feel I've exhausted every option here!

youngfart 11-07-2011 04:26 PM

Lumpie
Do what you feel that you have to Lumpie,give it my friend,you owe it to no one but the deer. Were a team bud,were here for you if you need us for support. Good luck.
Rocky

blakefrautschi 11-07-2011 06:22 PM

Lumpie thats too bad that you haven't found him yet, i lost the biggest deer i've ever seen 4 seasons ago, it's the worst feeling ever. Hopefully you gain permission to continue the trail and end up finding him! good luck!!!