Community

Team 4 Red Mist

Old 11-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well this looks like to be a perfect weekend to be out...Hope to see some of the nice bucks we have pics of walking by mt stand...The big question is which stand to hunt..."Eeny, meeny, miny, moe"
Old 11-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Spike

Nice kill Jem, love the tongue. Now drive some of his brothers up to me to the north
Old 11-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks friend! They should be running hard up by you by now... Kinda weird down by me. Finally chasing in my area. The one I got wasnt even showing any rutting behavior as of that last monday. No swollen neck, no musky tarsal glands... nothing. He did come up to my scent though and checked it out. At least that worked...
Old 11-14-2011, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

Good to be home how is everyone making out, very nice deer jemrami9, good pic also.

Last edited by pjarrows; 11-14-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Fork Horn

Well I am back had a great time, good hunting and great friends made my trip one I will never forget. I gave myself 14 hunting days to fill my 2 tags this year and only used 4 days.

I left Albany NY on Oct. 25th and started my long drive to Kirwin, KS. First hunt was Oct. 26th. I got to an area that I wanted to hunt by 4pm and by 5:30pm I had deer coming in only a few does and yearlings. I left my stand in so I could hunt it in the am. The next morning I saw 7 does and yearlings and 3 bucks 8pt, 7pt, and 4pt. I did notice that most of the deer were crossing 50 - 75yds below me.

That afternoon I moved my stand 75yds and at 5:30pm I had my first deer down, 120lb doe 3yd shot 60yd recovery. I elected to not hunt the next morning and to just do some glassing. While glassing I seen more deer than I could count, seen a really nice 10pt with split G2's that I guessed would be in the 150's.

For that evening I picked a spot that was way off the beaten trail. There are 2 ways to get into it either its 2.5 mile walk, or 1 mile walk and you need to cross a stream 15yds wide and hip high. Not having waders I ran to the store and got some contractor bags, I would cross the stream leave my bags and then pick them up on the way out.

The first evening in I seen only 1 doe but she was being bugged by a 10pt. That evening I left everything there except my bow and arrows. The next morning I get in 1/2 hr before sunrise. When the woods lit up I could see deer and never stopped seeing deer until noon, the total for the morning sit was 25 does and yearlings, and 15 bucks 6 over 120" with 2 of them pushing 150". With everything I seen I stayed all day around 1pm I get a visit from 4 bobcats, a mother and 3 kittens. At 5:45pm I see a buck coming down a trail that crossed by at 10yds, I could see he was wide and high, that is all I needed to see. At 15yds gave him the stop bleat, I settled my 20yd pin on the spot I had picked and with a little back tension one 430gra arrow tipped with a grizz trick running 323fps passed thru his vitals in a flash. After a 50yd dash he stopped to catch his balance which he never got back. My hunt was over with the biggest buck I have ever shot.
Attached Thumbnails Team 4 Red Mist-downsized_1030011017.jpg  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pjarrows
well i am back had a great time, good hunting and great friends made my trip one i will never forget. I gave myself 14 hunting days to fill my 2 tags this year and only used 4 days.

i left albany ny on oct. 25th and started my long drive to kirwin, ks. First hunt was oct. 26th. I got to an area that i wanted to hunt by 4pm and by 5:30pm i had deer coming in only a few does and yearlings. I left my stand in so i could hunt it in the am. The next morning i saw 7 does and yearlings and 3 bucks 8pt, 7pt, and 4pt. I did notice that most of the deer were crossing 50 - 75yds below me.

that afternoon i moved my stand 75yds and at 5:30pm i had my first deer down, 120lb doe 3yd shot 60yd recovery. I elected to not hunt the next morning and to just do some glassing. While glassing i seen more deer than i could count, seen a really nice 10pt with split g2's that i guessed would be in the 150's.

for that evening i picked a spot that was way off the beaten trail. There are 2 ways to get into it either its 2.5 mile walk, or 1 mile walk and you need to cross a stream 15yds wide and hip high. Not having waders i ran to the store and got some contractor bags, i would cross the stream leave my bags and then pick them up on the way out.

the first evening in i seen only 1 doe but she was being bugged by a 10pt. That evening i left everything there except my bow and arrows. The next morning i get in 1/2 hr before sunrise. When the woods lit up i could see deer and never stopped seeing deer until noon, the total for the morning sit was 25 does and yearlings, and 15 bucks 6 over 120" with 2 of them pushing 150". With everything i seen i stayed all day around 1pm i get a visit from 4 bobcats, a mother and 3 kittens. At 5:45pm i see a buck coming down a trail that crossed by at 10yds, i could see he was wide and high, that is all i needed to see. At 15yds gave him the stop bleat, i settled my 20yd pin on the spot i had picked and with a little back tension one 430gra arrow tipped with a grizz trick running 323fps passed thru his vitals in a flash. After a 50yd dash he stopped to catch his balance which he never got back. My hunt was over with the biggest buck i have ever shot.

well done beeeee ravo...nice effin buck...where is our capn?
Old 11-15-2011, 06:12 AM
Spike

Nice one PJ
Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Already on it! Nice buck!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, awesome buck pj.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Nice work PJ! Splendid!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.