Community

Team 4 Red Mist

Old 10-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Spike

Went out this evening and saw 2 dink bucks and 3 does. Zipped one doe at 20 yds from my ground blind. The shot was a little high but managed to get a lung. She went 60 yds and dropped. Felt good to let an arrow fly.
Attached Thumbnails Team 4 Red Mist-2011-10-01_19-49-59_230_resized.jpg  
Old 10-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats, Spidermonk

Well may 1st day turned out to be great with a bad ending. As I posted on here before, I was hunting in a army base.
I seen 9 bucks! Three were really good bucks. I had a real nice 8 point come in right at noon. I misjudged the distance and shot under him! He was an 8pt with an 18" spread. I was asd still am just sick with my self! I know that it happens to everyone but it doesn't make it any better.
Great day in the woods though. Hope the rest of you guys have better luck than me. I seen the deer but could not close the deal!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first day out was nothing to write home about, only saw three deer, all small bucks, 1 offered me a picture perfect 20 yard standing still broadside shot, But seeing it was opening day, I decided to let him walk...
Old 10-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

went out last night, the deer were out, but never made it to me before dark. it was hard to see the 100 yards away, so i don know if any were bucks or doe's, but just seeing them in the short time i was there is promising.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Hello all, just checking in. I was added to your team as a replacement I guess. I participated last season and tagged small but decent buck for the contest. I hope to better that deer this season. I'm from Massachusetts but I also hunt Maine and I'm headed to Kansas for a week this year. I hope to add to the team total.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Fork Horn

welcome luckyshot when are you heading to KS, I am heading to north central KS in early Nov this year.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

I fly out Oct. 29th. and will be hunting just outside of Hays.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow, already a disqualification for a buck....plz people, sign off on here saying you have read the rules for the pic!!! you, your first antlered deer, and your bow!!!! say it with me class....me, my bow and the deer....(chorus)...all in a pic, if haf keeps singin this it'll make me sick, then ill kick him in his...
Old 10-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by luckyshot
I fly out Oct. 29th. and will be hunting just outside of Hays.
well Good luck I will be hunting about 60 miles north of you Oct 26 - Nov 9 in Kirwin
Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Bump....

Update: I probably already said this, but had a great opening weekend here, saw 7 or 8 does all under 15 yards on Saturday. I have youth hunters out this weekend with us, so its a bit of a challenge for us guys taking them out. One youngin settled his pins on a nice 10pt, but shot right over his back, this would have been his first bow kill; so I bet his nerves got the better of him!

I will be getting back out in the stand this weekend (worked all week), this time with my brother in law, this is also his first year with a bow as well, so hopefully we can do some doe management and put a couple on the ground. We got decent video footage and put together a cheesy "traditional TV" hunting video, but wait until the next one comes out! It will be radically different from the traditional type stuff you see all the time...

If you're interested... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL4pnNSkH1M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.