Team 4 Red Mist

Old 09-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our season starts on October 1st. We are heading out this weekend to pull the card on the game cam and any last minute set ups...
Old 09-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Finally got some good news today! I have been drawn to be able to hunt a army base that is near my house. It is an absolute awesome place to arrow a hog.
This will make the wait to the 1st day all the worse!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by razor6570
Finally got some good news today! I have been drawn to be able to hunt a army base that is near my house. It is an absolute awesome place to arrow a hog.
This will make the wait to the 1st day all the worse!

Thats awesome, congrats!

Just giving a quick update to bump our thread back to the top

Canada Goose season opens tomorrow morning, so I will be hitting the ponds with my trusty bow in hand ready to slay the first unlucky bird I see.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

good luck....
Old 09-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am checking in tonight. Seems like the weather is going to work with us some what this weekend. Not bad for the first weekend 50's for lows an 70's for the highs. I spent the morning Saturday walking an checking cameras an glassing acorn trees an looking for acorns on the ground. Walked about 5 miles checking my favorite trees. Had some decent bucks on camera with a couple I would like to load on the ATV.
Good luck guys.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow...i tried not to think of opening day comin up to save me the pain of waiting, and what do ya know, season is a few days away...wooo hooo..i highly recomend this lol
Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
wow...i tried not to think of opening day comin up to save me the pain of waiting, and what do ya know, season is a few days away...wooo hooo..i highly recomend this lol
To each his own! I just take my bow out for every season that opens before bow... Squirrel, rabbit, dove, and now goose! 4 days to go!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

We went to the property last weekend, not alot on the cam, so we moved it down where there is a lot of trails cutting through the tall grass along the edge of a corn feild. Corn is close to being ready to cut. Saw a ton of fresh tracks and sign down by the stand I will hunt on this coming Saturday...
Old 09-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys it is almost here. Got to take care of my one superstition tomorrow. Have to get the mounts on the wall wiped down an cleaned. If I have a superstition that is one.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Well! Had a great opening morning here in Iowa... We weren't expecting to see too many deer in the terms of numbers with most of the crops still being in. However, we were pleasantly surprised when 6 does moved in on us in the late morning. On the other side of the farm, two other team members were busy with a slew of deer, one of them being a nice 10 pointer; at which an arrow was inconveniently thrown over his back.

We were able to throw down some awesome video, hopefully tomorrow mornings hunt will treat us just as good!

How was everybody else's opening day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.