Team 4 Red Mist

Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

right on..i check in with you by lookin at the op..so i just assumed.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:46 AM
Fork Horn

well I am leaving tomorrow after work and won't be back on line untill Nov 14, Good luck all and I will talk to you later.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pjarrows
well I am leaving tomorrow after work and won't be back on line untill Nov 14, Good luck all and I will talk to you later.
Good luck, pj
Old 10-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

nok em ded pj

hella weekend at werk....headed out tonight....stayin til friday and will return trip to grab the kids and go back out for youth season...8 year old is 1st chair as she proved herself at the range yesterday...she is stoked..usually she just gets to watch her big sis do all the leveling....i know who will be waking me up sat morning at 5am lol..
im on the trail of billy addbass and aint comin home til he's in the bag.
i wish you guys luck..i might get phone signal out there so maybe i'll be able to check in through the week. smell ya
Old 10-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
nok em ded pj

hella weekend at werk....headed out tonight....stayin til friday and will return trip to grab the kids and go back out for youth season...8 year old is 1st chair as she proved herself at the range yesterday...she is stoked..usually she just gets to watch her big sis do all the leveling....i know who will be waking me up sat morning at 5am lol..
im on the trail of billy addbass and aint comin home til he's in the bag.
i wish you guys luck..i might get phone signal out there so maybe i'll be able to check in through the week. smell ya
Good luck halfbaked! Check in if you can, things will start getting interesting this week, at least I hope!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck everyone....
Old 10-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like everyone is starting to get out more, We will be hunting this weekend also. Talked to the farmer and the corn is out and things should be very good this weekend...
Old 10-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry guys, blew my shot friday night at a decent 8 pointer. Is there something special I need to know about when shooting downhill? Shot right underneath him, crap! Off monday and tuesday. Rut signs were minimal where I was at. Just a few scrapes and a rub here and there. Does are out feeding in the field normal without any harrassment from the bucks yet... All in due time. Taking leave 6-12 November. I will be ready, cant wait!
Old 10-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jemrami9
Is there something special I need to know about when shooting downhill? Shot right underneath him, crap! Off monday and tuesday. !
rough..it happens..need an arc range finder...also..most important, ya need to draw yer bow like you are shooting flat ground..take aim at the sky if you will, cause you are uphill looking straight, i aint sure what yer seeing, but you ar not "aiming" at the deer yet...after you "take aim at the sky" you bend at the hips to aim down to the deer, do not use your arms or shoulders..gl...learning curve.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

had a good productive week out in the woods..didnt land my buddy the 9 point...he dont want anything to do with me lol...we played cat and mouse all week...it was like a scene right outta top gun...where'dddddddddddddddddd whoooooooooooo goooooooooooooooo? even with a dried out creek bed, i couldnt get in front of him...as he's got hoes....they are way smarter than he is, if it wasntfer them..his arse would be hanging on my wall...i thought about gettin the doe, but i wanted him, and gettin a doe woulda scared him off...so like homer simpson said...DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEE!!!!

Went back and got the kids friday after skool...1st time for my 8y/o...who put 3 in the bull from a 223 last weekend to prove she had the skills required...
Team 4 Red Mist-048.jpg

and my 13 y/o who wasnt all that thrilled about being in 2nd chair behind her lil sister .. lol
Team 4 Red Mist-074.jpg

all in all was a good time, 8 y/o couldnt get everything to work out to take a shot, but at least she saw plenty of deer. she isnt discouraged, its her very 1st time, and she knows her sis took 3 years to get her 1st...
she is ready for next time..
sunday mornin was a different story...my 13 y/o had the go ahead on my buddy the 9 point, he was 80-40 yards from us the whole time...i think she got buck fever, cause he was posing, i mean beggin for her to kill him...like he was posing for playboy or something. i could only stop him 9 effin times lol...i do commend her though, at any time she coulda took a crappy shot, but chose to wait for the right moment...congrats to her...she did put a heart shot on this lil momma here...i know she is 13, and the deer looks little, but thats because it is lol...average size doe for these parts..btw my daughter is 5'10" and 170 lbs...she did a good job
Team 4 Red Mist-098.jpg

her lil sis didnt mind either, she felt like she won after all

Team 4 Red Mist-115.jpg

fyi, hrordcae hnrtues..no bolod in da sctanh

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 10-30-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.