Community

Team 7 check-in thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you're seeing stuff BM. I went out Saturday and didn't see anything bigger than a squirrel.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got another doe this weekend. Came in and was feasting at a mineral lick. She only ran 30 yards. Plan to go a couple times this week at least, before going out of town to visit some family for a few days. I still have several weeks before smokepole season comes in, so hopefully I'll get a big boy. You get 25 points for a doe? Wasn't aware. At least I'll have that much. Hope to put a better score on the board, though. Good luck to all!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Got back from Indiana and don't have a buck for the team. Saw a few of them and had 4 different bucks within 10 yards but all smaller deer. Did have a decent sized 7 point at 4 yards he had a really jacked up rack. might should of taken him out but only allowed 1 buck in Indiana and plan on going back. Heading out friday for the alabama opener> Have got a few decent bucks on camera up there will try to score one for the team. Still haven't got this avator figured out. something is too big when I try to put it up. Good Luck everyone
Old 10-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

I apologize but i was wrong and you dont get points for a doe. You did last year. At least in the gun contest you did. Sorry once again and good luck
Old 10-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't think you got points for does. Oh well. I did see an 8 pointer yesterday evening that had not shown up on any of my cameras...nice buck! Bigger than anything I have on camera. Looked to be a clean 8, but was 150 yards away...could have some stickers. Almost all the bucks on this smallish city limits property do have some mess. Won't be able to hunt today, and will be out of town (in IL of all places, unable to hunt, of course) until late Saturday night. Plan to get back at it next Monday. Been seeing good sign on one of my other properties as well. Hope to be putting some bone down in the near future.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw two does Saturday and found a nice shed that had been chewed.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got off a little bit early last night and decided to ease into the woods behind my house. Didn't have enough time to get in deep and up a stand so I put on my ghillie suit and just stood in front of a large tree looking up at a likely area. About 7pm had a small spike cross upwind of me about 7-10 yards uphill. I think he felt something was out of place by the time he passed me because he picked up his pace to a slow trot. A minute later another spike that seemed to have a small extra point coming out of his right base came along the same trail. He went past me and then fed about 20 yards away. After a few minutes he noticed me and did the head bob thing but the wind was in my favor. He eventually decided discretion was the better part of valor and trotted down the hill towards the first buck. Good evening.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

hope someone has some luck soon. I actually killed a decent 8 pointer saturday but it was with my muzzle loader so looks like im outta the running unfortunately but im here to wish everyone luck.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw about 10 deer last Friday including a nice eight but nothing less than 100 yards. Saturday start rifles for me but if I fill the freezer quick I will switch back to the bow. Sorry I couldn't help any guys.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had an absolute bruiser come to within 40 yards today, but never had a shot opportunity. For me to shoot at that distance it would have to be a perfect shot scenario. He was quartering to me the only time he was in a good, wide open spot. Only had 4 points, but I would have gladly shot this deer! Easily weighed over 200 lbs which is a monster in TN. Couldn't tell where his neck stopped and shoulders started. Wasn't rutting with a blowed up neck, just was that big. His legs were as big around as the doe I shot a couple weeks back. I really wanted to get him...maybe next time! I know he wouldn't score really well, but to be able to kill an ol' great-grandpa like him would be phenomenal!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.