Community

Team 5 P&Y Posse

Old 11-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys I hit a buck tonight. He ran off with his tail tucked and stopped and started limping for a little. Than I lost track of him. I didnt track him in hopes of not bumping him. Ill follow up on him in the morning. Hopefully he's dead!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

I shot a buck earlier this week. I'll have to get it scored and post the pictures and score. It wasn't as big as I thought but still a nice buck.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck, man! Make sure you post a pic with you and your bow in the picture.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys, I struck out. Had 2 P&Y bucks within 30 yards and couldnt get a shot. The biggest one was a 160+ and was chasing a doe along with some smaller bucks. The other was 140+ and stopped behind a bush. I thought he was gonna come in to the scrape 20 yards from me but he turned and went the other way. Had an awesome trip to W.KY. though and season isn't over yet. Just wont have a chance at a monster like those. I did let some walk that I could have shot. Sorry. I posted a video of one on my facebook page if your interested. Stephen Mitchell

Last edited by obsessed bowhunter; 11-13-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

All day sit yesterday. Had about a 125" 8pt. coming right to me at 8AM. He decided to change direction at about 50yds. from my stand and cross the tall grass field. Tried calling him back but his nose was dictating his travel. He went right to another hunter who set up 50yds. away from me on the other side of the field.(public land). The guy took a head on shot at the buck at 10yds. & missed clean. (good thing due to his poor shot selection)! Buck walked off untouched. Saw a 21/2 yr. old 6 and a yearling buck at a distance. Sat out today due to 45mph. winds. Congrats Crenth...Good luck Tim! 1st gun season here next weekend.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

slow week here. My daughter did score on her first deer. she shot a 6 pt saturday morning just after day break. she was using her pink razors edge. I put her on a ridge i found the day before then i boated around two coves over and set up. i was prob 200 yds away. i heard several deer running the ridges when i boated in. got set up and 15 min later she calls me and says she just shot a big buck. I told her to stay put and we look for it in a couple of hours. then i called her back and asked her how big and she says BIG so im thinking 140 -160, going stir crazy. So i sat for about an hour and half and headed her way. ran a nice 8 pt over he too. got there and she showed me how it went down and i quickly found good blood. we tracked 20 yds and she screams there it is , i couldn't believe it , it only wen 80 yds or so. perfect heart shot! i was a little worried how her broadhead would do, it is just cheap mecanicals from walmrt and she only shooting 40-42 lbs. but it worked great. she was very excited. she is 15. I shot a doe lastnite, ive only seen 2 shooters this week and just a few small ones. we did boat up on a 2 yr old 8 pt thatwas swimming across the lake(some 400-500yards) and did it in about 2 min. we kept our distance though
Old 11-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys...... no luck!!! Bucks were chasing does everywhere!! saw several 8's in the 120's, a nine pushing 130 (all in bow range). But the one that made me sick was the 6x6 (mid 170's) that was 65 yards from me!!!! He was with a doe and would respond to anything that I had. Im not saying that I wont get one with my bow, because I am heading back to Illinois the last weekend of the season. I was really hoping to connect on this trip! Good luck to everyone!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your daughter pj. Sounds like she hit the mark on that guy! jermelott your timing was right but sometimes the deer just don't cooperate. Good luck with the rest of the season. I'll probably be back at it after the 1st gun season here.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Crenth!! Great buck! I'm still chasing them here in Bama, got a few scrapes I'm watching, but waiting for the right wind.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Posted up the score and pictures. 105.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.