Community

Team 14 Role Call

Old 11-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Well, this is a first buck tagged contest and here he is:

He has five scoreable points on each side, busted some off the right G2, busted two completely off (RG3) for no score and has two points I'd have to look at the scoring rules to see if they can be counted (doubtful and won't add much score). I have him at 128 7/8 gross.

Wild morning, I saw 4 bucks and had three within range, him being the third, all within the first hour of light. The shot selection might not have been the best, but took out his left lung as the arrow continued to center punch his liver. He didn't make it 50 yards.

Overcast hazy day, I'm headed to the stand for an evening hunt. Should be good.

Last edited by jnrbronc; 11-09-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: math error on score
Old 11-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

WHat an outstanding Buck JNR, really has alot of character! Excellent work!!!
I went out this evening, didnt see anything, big time windy, supposed to be again int he morning but I will be back at it!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Great Buck!

Congrats

-john
Old 11-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

Well no buck for me this morning I had my first doe with in 30 yards and meat in the freezer pulled the trigger and my string exploded on my Excalibur.
My bolt hit the ground 20 ft in front of me really concerned about my right limb the camo has all flaked off not sure if it is compromised structurally.
Not sure what happened couldn't find the string so I am not sure if I nicked it with a broad head in the dark but I don't think so?
Will take her to the range soon.
Gun season is on Monday for two weeks so bow is out till then anyways here.
Keep ya posted gang I am heading north tomorrow for the gun hunt talk soon
Treebeard
Old 11-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

Randy,

That is one awesome buck. Congrats. Here in NE Pa it has been a tuff season so far. Have hunted the last 6 days and havent seen much.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats, great buck.

Had three coyotes running through the woods Saturday, no wonder doe sightings are non existent and bucks are minimal. Tried to get a shot on one of the coyotes but they don't stand still, always moving. I am bringing the shotgun with me in case they run through my shooting lanes over the next three weeks.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on that buck...all i could manage to shoot so far was a doe and a coyote. i seen the big boy i was after, but he never came close enuf for a shot. oh well, gunna keep tryin'
Old 11-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default First better

My first buck was better, at least if you are the type to focus on antler score.

November 11 had a south wind, so I figured I could maybe stand on the ground next to a tree along our creek bottom. It runs north and south, with the property across the road to the south being in CRP. I figured the deer were bedding in there and would cross the road as the sun set. I shot a nice buck standing next to a tree in this creek bottom in 2009. I found the same tree and stood next to it again today.

About 4:12 pm, I hear something to the west and see a buck in our harvested corn field running at me. I had heard voices over at the neighbors, so wondered if they spooked him. He was coming in at warp speed. My bow was hanging on a branch and I couldn't get the grunt tube pulled out of my coveralls so he got by me before I was able to try to stop him. He heard my grunts as he stood next to the road, but continued on over it.

A half hour later I see another buck cross from the south into our corn field. He starts heading straight east, when he hits the creek he turns north, right past me at 7 yards. I didn't bother trying to stop him, shot him as he walked. He bolted off and didn't make it 70 yards.

Now on to shotgun season, my son wants to deer hunt for the first time.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on another great buck,

Looks like my season has ended without a deer. This year was one of the most challenging years I've had in a long time. Hunted harder this year than ever and saw very few deer for my efforts. Basically hunted the last 14 days. Passed on an eight last wendsday and had several smaller buck but nothing really nice. The rutt seemed liked it never materialized this year. I believe no acorns made hunting tuff. My buddy owns a butcher shop and there was were hardly any nice bucks brought in this year.

Last edited by dliz; 11-13-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on another nice buck.

Well a month ago I shot bugeye and here he is now. I also made the stand. I really like euro mounts. Not sure if it is because I am cheap or because I can do them my self. Tried him in several locations until I found his final resting spot.

-john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.