Community

Team 14 Role Call

Old 10-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats TX Hoghunter!

Not much to report for me over the weekend. Windy as all get out, temps too warm, corn still in. The deer are in the corn and not coming out until after dark (why should they???).

I'm going to try another farm this weekend that doesn't have much ag in the area. I pulled trailcam cards from there on Sunday and there's a couple of deer that got my attention.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Good Job Tx, thats a darned nice "board breaker"! Nothing to report new here, havent had time to get out alot but now that most of the house is done that is going to change. As jnr said, same here, deer in the corn as of now. Guy at work said he has seen alot of scrapes/rubs this week a little west form me, I havent seen any yet but maybe Im not looking in the right spot
Old 10-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Typical Buck

Way to go TX Hoghunter Congrats!
Treebeard
Old 10-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. Now we need some good luck to hit ya'll.

-john
Old 10-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

John,

Congrats on an awesome buck. Thanks for sharing that cool story. Next Friday I start my 2 weeks off for hunting.

Dave

Last edited by dliz; 10-19-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Thursday morning I snuck in a pre work hunt, passed a decent buck at 10 yards. I'd seen him on trailcam. It's early yet, the rut hasn't started and I'm pretty sure I should be able to get on a larger buck.

I'll be in a tree tomorrow morning.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Old wide ten point ran right under my stand this weekend. He came out blazing from the hardwoods after the goose hunters to my East shot 20 rounds. I usually never get surprised but he got me this time. I pulled the bow out of the holder when he was 10 yards out heading right for me, then he stops dead in his tracks and looks up at me then trots right under my stand giving me the flag as he headed North. He was straight away so I decided not to shoot. I have read where others have shot the spine but I don't like that shot and have never taken it, any of you have experience and if so, what was the outcome.

I saw him at sun up in the bean field but he was 55 yards out, too far for my liking.

Have seen one doe and I have been on stand now for 8 days.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 10-24-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

Not a shot that I have used. In the right situation I might, but everything would have to be perfect.

-john
Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Good choice, I wouldnt have taken it. Least you know he is in the area. Anyone seeing scrapes/rubs? Not me, not yet. I have next week off work and plan on doing alot of hunting, hope I picked the right week!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

I got a kickin bunch of scrapes on the go. One large one and four smaller ones within a 20ft radius. Not sure what that means one big buck and a bunch of smaller bucks or just one huge mother really ticked that I poured some tarsal gland in the larger scrape? Other than that nope not a sign on any of my other places.
Treebeard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.