Typical Buck

Hey sorry I did not see this am I too late? Hope not
Be glad to join you lad's
Take care
Treebeard
Old 09-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
Treebeard posted on the alternate thread (page 2) then signed it noting Team 14???

Has not responded to my PM. Fieldmouse, couple guys on there from WI, one from Indiana and another from Kansas if Treebeard doesn't acknowledge....
I posted the team 14 under his name in order to keep that list straight. Tomorrow I will replace him with the next person on the list.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Treebeard
Hey sorry I did not see this am I too late? Hope not
Be glad to join you lad's
Take care
Treebeard
Welcome Treebeard. Glad to see you have shown up. Good luck this year.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys been out as much as I can and to this point havent even seen a deer. Looks like the corn is about to come down so maybe that will get them moving some.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Out on Saturday saw one and a flash of horns. Will probably on go out 2 or 3 times before the end of October then have two solid weeks off for hunting.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Guys, I've been busy. Haven't gone out yet in NC. I understand there is a monster running around my neighborhood. Usually is but I don't hunt too much in NC. I usually hunt neighborhoods in MD. I have a good friend who essentially provides me with a private guided service. Bottom line, if the deer move, he knows where and what time. He litterally doesn't work between September and february. If it's a good day to hunt, he's hunting.

I told him I didn't think I would hunt up here this year. He said, yes you are. Lol. We shall see. I will shoot something if I can get motivated.

Good luck guys.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Just got back from the lease yesterday, going back tomorrow. I saw my big 10 on Saturday but did not get a shot. I have been seeing about 35 deer a day. I have passed on 5 different mature 8 points, 1 large 6 point, and a decent 7 point. I have 2 deer that I am looking for. The 10 that ya'll know about and then a monster 8 point that had been a no show until Tuesday. A buddy that is hunting about 600 yards from me saw him. He has added a 6 inch drop tine since last year. Probably scores between 140 and 150. If we get late in the year I might take one of the other bucks ( 115 to maybe 125 ) but for now I am going to hang tight for one of the 2 big boys.

Good luck everyone.

-john
Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Found a picture of the buck from last year. As far as I know it is the only picture of him. This was another guys setup that is no longer on the lease. My current setup is about 75 yards from here. Remember he has added a 6 inch drop since last year.

-john

Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

John,

That buck is a stud, good luck hunting him. Its amazing how many deer your seeing. Going out tomorrow, but normally the bigs are not up and on their feet until end of October.

Dave
Old 10-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

All them bucks are good looking deer. I agree, you are seeing alot of deer. Corn/Beans are starting to come down around me now so the pattern is going to change, and with that, I hope my luck as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.