Community

Team 14 Role Call

Old 10-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Dominant Buck

FYI, 100 point average wins this contest.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse
FYI, 100 point average wins this contest.
Yep the year we won it we had just over 800 points. 8 of us killed deer. 2 years later I was on a team where 2 guys shot monsters, but i was the only other guy yo kill one and we lost. I think we had around 425 - 450 points.

I am leaving for the lease at 12:00 today. The lease has only had 5 inches of rain in the last 20 months, but they are calling for rain all weekend. I hate to hunt in the rain but I expect the deer to be moving. The area has been in such a bad drought that the deer have little to eat so they are up and moving more than normal. I fully expect to shot my 10 this weekend. I just hope he has read the script...LOL.

-john
Old 10-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

John,

Almost bought a house out in Greenville a few years back but decided to head back North. Looking at your trail cam pictures makes me wonder why I headed North sometimes. We have no racks like that up here, big body deer but smaller racks unless you head down toward PA. Good luck, looks like there a a few shooters in that picture. Season starts for me next Saturday; have two good 10 points running around my stands.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
John,

Almost bought a house out in Greenville a few years back but decided to head back North. Looking at your trail cam pictures makes me wonder why I headed North sometimes. We have no racks like that up here, big body deer but smaller racks unless you head down toward PA. Good luck, looks like there a a few shooters in that picture. Season starts for me next Saturday; have two good 10 points running around my stands.

Good luck Buddy. Greenville can be a nice area. A friend of mine just lease a 1400 acre place on the river to run some cows on. I am hoping to find out that he gets the hunting rights also. It would be nice to have a close place to hunt. The 6 hour trip to the hill county lease gets old sometimes.

-john
Old 10-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jnrbronc
Well, got the Gorilla hang-on out today and put it up a tree. I usually hunt with my Lone Wolf Alpha, set up/tear down for each hunt. Pulled trail cam cards, seems like most all bucks are out of velvet. I'm not going back in until I hunt Oct. 1.
The weather is too hot and bad wind directions. Oh well, sooner or later things will fall into place.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Well, it's not points but I'm out there trying.

It's been HOT here, not much moving except right at dark. Also, SE winds that pretty much blow for most of my "normal" stands. I had to go tonight, grabbed the bow, headed to the west fence line (runs north and south). Decided to stand in some brush in the fence, loving the ground hunting this year. I heard her in the corn, the brush shielded me as I drew. She gets in the clear and starts running. I whistle, she stops, I smoke her. She goes 40 yards and folds. I had a $2 farm tag to put on her, called a friend, she's butchered and gone already.

She ran in front of a trail cam right before the shot:

Moments later:
Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats, always nice to fill the freezer early with the does.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Good job!

Well on Saturday morning I saw more deer than I have ever seen in one day. Hell I have had seasons I did not see that many deer. I don't know the total number. I had no way to keep up with all of the does and yearlings. It was just insane. AT ONE POINT I HAD 8 DIFFERENT 8 POINTS at the feeder at one time. The youngest was 3 1/2. I watched 4 different fairly serous sparring matches between them. It took everything that I had not to shot one of them, but I am still holding out for my 10 point or for the large drop time 8. Not sure have much longer I can hold out...I am starting to get weak....LOL.

-john
Old 10-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

LOL, it is hard to wait knowing what you have but it is so early yet that it creeps into ones mind that "there will be more". Good Luck on getting one of those two looking fwd to seeing the pics of them with a Bow laying across the midsection.Got any trail cam pics of them, it would be nice to see what you are looking to put on the table/wall.

I havent been out for about a week, trying to get the stain done on my log house before the weather wont permit. Got it about finished so I think I will have time to go out this weekend and sit. Good Luck to everyone.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Randy, nice job on the doe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.