Team 12 'The Bone Crushers'

Old 09-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Spike

Opening day in the books. Saw 3 does and something to the south of me snorted and spooked as I was getting down from my stand. Hunting public land is rough, but to see deer on the first sit was an achievement for me! Going back out tomorrow afternoon after I hang another set. Best of luck to all you guys hunting!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Back from my 3 day trip to Wisconsin. Busted a big doe opening evening. Hunted over standing corn and put a 1 and a half inch Grim Reaper through both lungs. She painted the corn for 30 yards before she dropped. My first ever shot with a mechanical. Sure did the trick! Saw a number of does and fawns (and coon). Only saw one buck and he was a young bread-basket eight. Moved a few stands around and put out some minerals. Planning a trip to Oklahoma in a few weeks. Back in the Wisconsin woods second week of November.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the doe! Still waiting for October 15th.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good start 3stone! Looks like a couple weeks before I get out again.

In the mean time I guess I'll have to watch the deer and turkey out side my office. I looked up yesterday because I caught something moving - a group of about 10 turkeys had walked out in the field and a couple of the does that had been standing there threw up their flags and bounded a few yards before going back to feeding.

Last edited by wallhangr; 09-23-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

I'll be out Sat and Sunday afternoons in Brown or Pike County.

Btbowhunter is making the drive today from PA to his lease in Brown County. I hope to have dinner with him tonight or tomorrow night in Meredosia.

Let's get 'em boys!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LLBUX
I'll be out Sat and Sunday afternoons in Brown or Pike County.

Btbowhunter is making the drive today from PA to his lease in Brown County. I hope to have dinner with him tonight or tomorrow night in Meredosia.

Let's get 'em boys!

Good Luck on your opening weekend!

Wish I wasn't working this weekend - you guys won't be that far away. Only about 90 min to Pike Co. from here.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck opening day boys! Ive still got a bit over 2 weeks untill i get in the stand!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Tomorrow morning is the opener and it's looking beautiful!

Good luck to everyone out there now and for those to come. Have a safe and successful season!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Went hunting Saturday afternoon with btbowhunter on his place in Brown County, Illinois. I sat on the edge of a picked cornfield and had a steady stream of deer in front of me from 6:08 until dark. 4 does and 8 fawns jumped the fence onto him to eat the corn.
At 6:30, a 135-140 class 3-4 year old 8 pointer jumped over, eventually moving to 50 yards. No shot opportunity.

While I was there, a buddy hunted about 200 yards north of me and killed a doe.

On another part of the farm, btbowhunter was entertained by a few mixed deer and his buddy Brian from Pennsylvania whacked a great 12 pointer they called 'stickers'. He was a typical 10 pointer with stickers that came straight out front from the bases. From the picture I recieved on my phone and looking at a trailcam pic the night he shot it, I guess he'll gross 150". Net will be around 135" btbowhunter will be back home in PA this weekend and will share the story with you. Maybe he'll have one down by then himself.

Hunted Pike County on Sunday, saw none from stand but several on the food plots while walking out at dusk.

Good luck boys!

Last edited by LLBUX; 10-04-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

BTW boys, we need a team captain and have we settled on a name?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.