Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3) >

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Community

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone hunting this weekend? Let us know. I'll be out in it on Saturday and Sunday. I can tell my wife is getting a little agitated with my trips to the field so this might be the last one until the New Year.
Have fun and BE SAFE out there.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck MO we need another kill on the board. Go get a good ole biggun or a big ole goodun whichever works best. My fiance' will be out this weekend. Should see some rutting action I would think. I met Jon Brunson today down here about a mile from my house. He is hunting some ground about 3 miles south of one of my places. He's a cool dude.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck KC! Just remember that's what hunting seasons are for (to annoy the wife) - ha ha....

Hope your Fiance gets a crack at a big one Andy!

Depends on weather around here for me. Would like to try and make it out and shoot a doe over the next week or two - we'll see what happens...

Good luck to everyone going out!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I wish I had some good news but I don't. Despite the rain on Saturday, I saw 3 small bucks chasing does under my stand and that was it. Sunday evening I hunted in a pop-up with my hunting buddy, mainly to see if the turkey would pass by. We had about 50 turkey pass nearby, including 1 smoke phase turkey and a group of about 20 turkey decided to roost above us. It was fun to watch.
I'll take a hunting break and see what happens after the new year. Our season finishes January 15.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is anyone else still giving it hell? Looks like we are leading, but would be nice to get one more kill on the board. My IA shotgun season is over. I have one buck tag left for late muzzleloader. Not sure how much I will make it out, depends if we get some snow and if i can find a good food source.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys, another weekend is upon us. If anyone is hunting please let us know how it goes.
I'll be spending the weekend with my family and knocking off a few of the 'honey-do's" from the never-ending list. I know that after Christmas I'll be dying to get out in the field in search of those bucks. I think I'm ready to knock one of them down.
As you guys know, Team 11 has quickly caught up and is pushing hard to overtake us. We've already had some awesome kills (all are trophys - WOW) and it would be nice to open that lead up again. Have a good weekend.
-remember, we still have that card in our pocket.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Hunted a little this weekend. Saw some does and a real nice buck. Got some nice bucks on camera. Gonna hunt Christmas morning. Hope you guys have a happy holiday. I'll put some pics up tonight. Lets kill one more.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted twice over the last weekend and 2 hunts the week before that... Haven't been seeing much but it was decent weather to sit so I figured may as well be in the stand. Season is about over for me - looks like my chances to punch down a doe before season end aren't great.... Good luck to all those still hunting!

If we can get that last buck scored - we should be pretty much cemented into 1st place...
Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

It's been awhile things have been hectic. I hunted the PA opener on my 200 acre family farm for 4 days back in early December. It took 4 days to find a legal deer (3 on one side). My dad and I were doing one man drives to each other and this young 8 pt came by. After I shot him he ran about 60 yards and fell hard into a creek bed. Broke his skull when one of his antlers got wedged under a rock and his body went forward. You can see how his one side is offset. I was able to move it around under his hide. Nothing special but it was only the second legal we had seen in 4 days and was my last day before I had to head back. Been out twice with the inline here in MD and no luck.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)-pa-8-pt.jpg  
Old 12-25-2011, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet

Anybody still chasing deer with the bow? Looks like we are still leading by a buck, would be nice to add one more for security. Anyone know when the contest is over. I could look, but feeling kind of lazy now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.