Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3) >

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

That's great news Bob. Congratulations. We can't wait to hear more about him.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

my buddies son's first deer.it was his third time out he was sitting with his grandpa in a double stand.buck came in to 16 yards took the shot and it only went 60 yards.man were we all smiles when i came up on it ended up being a 8 point 163 lbs. what a great first deer.i told him he will never forget this one.i can take you right to the tree i shot my first one 28 years ago. good job bret!!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)-bret.jpg  
Old 11-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Here is my season so far.
I have been out for 3 weekend hunts. My spot is just over 2 hours away so I am limited to weekend hunts.
I hunted from sunrise to sunset on Sat. Saw 14 deer, 8 bucks, 2 seperate heavy chase scenarios, but off at a distance, they were 200-300 plus yds away.
Every doe had a buck on their trail.
The forcast for Sat. afternoon and Sun. was wind warnings...great.
I hunted in the wind Sun morning, deer activity was not nearly a heavy as to the prior day. I was planning on sticking the first fat doe.
At 9:30 a solo doe walks by on the 23 yd trail. She stopped right at 23 yds and looked back behind her. There is a time and place when you should stick a doe, and this was not the time.
She continued on, about 30 seconds later I could see horns comming thru the thicket right on her trail. To me its a bow shooter.
He came right on the 23 yd trail walking slowly with his nose on the ground. I draw my Mathews and I could not get him to stop. I let a rage fly.
I hit it high and spined it, he dropped in his tracks. I'm not sure why I was high but I had loins. I still have 1 more buck tag, and that is reserved for shotgun season.
17" wide grosses 121 1/8 162 lbs

Last edited by Bucktail_Bob; 11-08-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Great Buck Bob! Things are looking good. I killed a doe this morning passed through her shoulder and the heart and she went 45 yards and folded. I also had to pass a nice 7 pointer at 12 yards (prob 115) because I don't have a 2nd doe down yet and here in MD you need to kill 2 does before your second buck can be taken. Also saw another small 5 point and had him at 15 yards. Keep at it guys we have a good shot at it.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Bob that's a good deer with a bow or a gun anytime buddy. Nice. We're definitely off and running. Keep it rolling. I'm gonna be out Thursday morning. Its supposed to be cold.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

nice deer bob!!!! the bucks here are really starting to chase.it's going to cool down for the weekend that should help.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer Bob.

I let the air out of a buck on Sunday too. A 9 point, 17" wide. Had a little ground shrinkage when I got to him, but I will take him. I will try to get the score & pics posted shortly.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking buck Bob!!

Zub - can't wait to see some pics!!

I'm getting some work and home stuff finished up... Thursday I take off for IA - until either the 19/20th or when ever I tag out.... Can't wait to get down there and get up in the stand!!

Good luck everyone! Keep at it - last couple of days I've been seeing some pretty decent rut activity while just driving for work...
Old 11-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Hey SouthDakota, Good luck on your hunting trip. Sounds like you'll be having a great time while in Iowa. Hopefully you can keep us posted while you are out there.

ZUBBA-ZUBBA-DOOO!!! - Way to go Kurt!! Congrats on the Sunday buck. We look forward to seeing that guy. Nice Job! Now you can tan that hide and make an outfit for that new baby of yours!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Kurt,
Lets see them pics. Sounds like we should celebrate in la Motte.
We need Jimmys deer entered.
Keep the momentum going.

bb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.