HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest-127/)
-   -   Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest/348836-official-team-buck-u-thread-team-3-a.html)

BetterBirddogs 09-10-2011 07:01 PM

I like the Buck U name also. I feel you KYD. I have gotten my big ass walked in and crawled up a tree and realized my release is at home. That's awesome. We start hunting a week from Monday. Got a couple of bigguns spotted less then a mile from this computer I'm typing on.

halfbakedi420 09-11-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by KYDeerHunter03 (Post 3845832)
I like the BUCK U. name :happy0001:

Went this morning to a new farm and seen 4 does and a crazy racked 2.5 year old buck. Had a doe 16 yards from me at first light but she wouldnt turn broadside for the life of me. Then when she finally cleared the brush and stepped into a clear spot a bit farther away i couldnt get the rangefinder to work! Im not good at judging ranges on my own so....she lived to see another day

My friend is really getting on my nerves chasing that buck of his on my other farm, now he is ruling that everyone else on the farm cant kill anything until he gets his buck. So..... I dunno what im gonna do. I already passed on shooting his deer for him and now he wants to take away from me shooting anything??? Just kinda stuck on what to do

Then went and drove all the way to hunt this evening and get there and got all geared up and de-human scented lol and realize i forgot my release and rangefinder at home. wonderful waste of gas and time!!

man thats sum tough chit lol i been there, i think if ya havnt then ya aint been out enough ...i started stalkin 3 does last year, left the dang rangefinder where i was sittin when i spotted them, on the effin porch..
so does your buddy own this land er what...just wondering what gives him the right to dictate who and when n where?

zubba 09-11-2011 04:17 PM

Buck U works for me.

KCMO Cityboy 09-12-2011 09:28 AM

Buck U? ...and I swore I would never go back to school.. I'll make an exception here.
KYD, you'll see that a forgotton release is fairly common, me included. I started carrying a back-up when I did my elk hunt. Didn't want to have a sob story on that trip. Sorry to hear about your friend and his issues. Maybe he'll realize how it's affecting others soon.
My season starts on Thursday. I plan to hunt Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning. Looks like the weather will be perfect! :woot:

Bucktail_Bob 09-12-2011 11:37 AM

Buck U is ok by me.

KCMO Cityboy 09-14-2011 03:25 AM

Okay, it's official. Team BUCK U
Time to do our homework!

SouthDakotaHunter 09-15-2011 07:43 PM

Made it out for a quick weekend of archery goat hunting. Spent 1 day stalking and the other day sitting water - just to mix it up a bit. Made it within 70 yards twice but just couldn't close the deal. Probably the best stalk was some antelope I found in a alfalfa field that had some hay bales in it... I circled way way around and used the bales to block the goats view (2 does and a buck). Unfortunately once I got to 100 yards I ran out of bales to hide behind. They started to feed towards me and got to 70 yards but then turned and away and didn't get any closer... Close but yet so far away - ha ha.... Also had a doe and fawn bed down about 100 yards away from my waterhole on the last day...

Here's a few pics from my trip...

http://s492.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow

joejr69 09-16-2011 06:56 AM

i whipped up an avatar.i think it will work.lol i still have 29 more days before i can get in the woods!! its killing me our weather is nice and cool.it was down in the fourties this morning.goodluck to the ones that are hunting.

halfbakedi420 09-16-2011 08:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
cool if i nominate one?

Attachment 18784

Attachment 18786

BetterBirddogs 09-18-2011 05:32 PM

I will be in a tree tomorrow. I have to work so I will be out after work for an evening hunt. Have some nice deer close to the house so it should be fun. I'll check back in tomorrow night.